8Likes
  • 3 Post By AndyhMG
  • 2 Post By MGNorman
  • 2 Post By JoCoLo
  • 1 Post By Man in the Car

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 13:14 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 800
Latest Dealer joins MG as sales continue to grow.

Iconic British automotive manufacturer, MG Motor UK, has appointed Leisure World Group to its national dealer network. Based in Catterick, north Yorkshire, the family-run business has more than thirty years’ experience in the sales of cars, motorhomes and caravans.

Leisure World Group is well known across Yorkshire and the surrounding areas for expert advice, friendly service and an excellent aftersales offer. Run by brothers Matthew and Chris Kinsell, the company has quickly expanded from its headquarters in Catterick, now operating two additional facilities in York and Tyne & Wear.

Matthew Kinsell, Commercial Director at Leisure World Group, commented: “Joining the MG dealer network is a hugely exciting announcement for our whole team. As an iconic British brand, we’re thoroughly looking forward to displaying the latest models in our showroom.

“Alongside being one of the UK’s leading leisure vehicle retailers, we also offer an extensive selection of camping equipment – providing active families with everything they need for an adventure. MG’s model range fits perfectly with our brand, delivering family fun at an affordable price.

“With a 1.5 TGI turbo-charged engine delivering high torque at a low rev range, the MG GS is the perfect SUV for towing a caravan, making it a great choice for our loyal customer base.”

Matthew Cheyne, Head of Sales and Marketing at MG Motor UK, added: “With an excellent reputation for friendly service and expert advice, we’re delighted to welcome Leisure World Group to our national dealer network.

“The latest in a long line of UK dealer appointments, Leisure World Group will play a key role in providing customers across Yorkshire and the surrounding areas with access to our latest model range.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 14:13

Car: CityRover
They need to drop the word manufacturer from that press release.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 14:57 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 800
Why, how do you think the cars get to the UK, they are manufactured.

It is wearing a little thin all this negativity, people moaning about sales, when they have grown every year, and selling more, they have over taken far more established brands that have MORE models to sell.

Dealerships are coming at a quicker rate each year, we know new cars are coming, and we know that more engines and choices are going to be available.

Just because they are not selling 100,000 cars a year it seems as though its all going to fold, well, it is not, they are here to stay, they emply many people in differing parts of the company, they are expanding from within, and getting more equipment at Longbridge, they are employing students to expand the core base of current knowledge and education.

Just accept that they are prepared to do it slow and steady, constant berating and moaning does nothing except become boring.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 17:14

Car: MG ZR120 + MG3 Form Sport + MG6 GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyhMG View Post

It is wearing a little thin all this negativity, people moaning about sales, when they have grown every year, and selling more, they have over taken far more established brands that have MORE models to sell.

Dealerships are coming at a quicker rate each year, we know new cars are coming, and we know that more engines and choices are going to be available.

Just because they are not selling 100,000 cars a year it seems as though its all going to fold, well, it is not, they are here to stay, they emply many people in differing parts of the company, they are expanding from within, and getting more equipment at Longbridge, they are employing students to expand the core base of current knowledge and education.

Just accept that they are prepared to do it slow and steady, constant berating and moaning does nothing except become boring.
Agreed - I find it hard to believe that some people feel the need to pick out things such as a word in a press release.

Maybe this is the same guy that complained to the ITC that MG reffered to itself as a British manufacturer in the original MG6 TV commercial?!

Pathetic.

Oh, and great news about the new dealership - I hear that there are two more to be announced shortly too.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 17:31

Car: CityRover
Tell me what do MG Motor UK manufacture in Britain then?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 19:20

Car: Other Manufacturer
I thought that chap who works there toldd us that some MG3s are still built here?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbeneezerGoode View Post
I thought that chap who works there toldd us that some MG3s are still built here?
I thought that it gad been established that all MG3s are coming in through Bristol Docks fully assembled.
RolandRat and obadiah-jones like this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 20:45

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGNorman View Post
I thought that it gad been established that all MG3s are coming in through Bristol Docks fully assembled.
The only person who keeps telling us that is yourself, and tbh, from your track record with telling us things which turn out to be incorrect, it is little surprise that your pronouncements are taken as less than Gospel
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 20:45
MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyhMG View Post

I agree with what you've said, it's refreshing to see new models in development & coming through, SAIC Clearly have ambition from MG globally, and the UK. I have no problem with MG being Chinese owned, but the patriotic part of me wishes that MG's were fully engineered, designed and built in Britain. But, it's a stark contrast to the MG rover days where new models weren't coming through, sadly. It all seems promising Withe sales growing, a bigger dealer network and nequality models coming. I'd love to see a full MG range in the UK with the next generation models. The GS, alongside 3, smaller suv, new 6, focus sized hatchback and a new TF would be the perfect range for me. But I digress, I'd buy an MG3 tomorrow if I could, and when I am in the position to I will, as it's good looking & good value, Very MG. And IMO that's what I think the company should stick with, good value, sporty cars. (A bit different from the rest)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 10:01

Car: Rover 75 CDT, Metro 116,MGF VVC,Mrs JoCoLo's Panda 1.2 and Mstr JoCoLo's TF 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by obadiah-jones View Post
They need to drop the word manufacturer from that press release.
Also "iconic", it's a lazy cliche that doesn't mean anything.
RolandRat and obadiah-jones like this.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Car View Post
The only person who keeps telling us that is yourself, and tbh, from your track record with telling us things which turn out to be incorrect, it is little surprise that your pronouncements are taken as less than Gospel
You mean like when I said that MG6 production ended in August 2015, which you, and others, refused to believe but was later shown to be true.
Or when I said that sales of new MG6s would need to end by August 2016, again I wasn't believed but, again this has been shown to be true.
Or when I said that MG3s were coming into the country fully assembled (originally through Southampton, now through Bristol). Again you refused to believe it. Again it has been shown to be true.

You mention 'someone who works there', but, in truth, the person you refer to transfered to after-sales in August 2015 (as he will be able to verify).

I would suggest that you accept that some of us may know a little more than you about some of these things.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 13:44

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Very easy for you to pick out the few occasions when it appears you were right. What about the rest?

Oh, and I have never 'refused to believe' anything at all. Being pragmatic, I just remain very sceptical when information always comes from the same unverified source, and without any other source of corroboration. And for your information, I don't think I have ever expressed any opinion regarding the MG6; you must be mistaking me for someone else, or imagining I had posted something which I haven't , although I admit to being surprised that the 6 was dropped completely and was not replaced with a new model, and puzzled as to why MG seem so far behind the rest of the world in their engine technology (especially as they led us all to believe that they were designing new up-to-date engines only 4 or 5 years ago). Very odd!

I have always been enthusiastic toward MG, but I have to say I have become very disillusioned and feel they are giving me the appearance of a company that doesn't know where it is going, much less how to get there. They don't even give me the impression that they have any idea where the road they are currently treading may lead them.

Some of the information you have repeatedly claimed to be privy to, seems to me to be the type that most companys would regard as 'sensitive' and any employee/manager at MG Motor who is divulging such information to outsiders certainly shouldn't be doing so - and in turn, it shouldn't be passed on into the public domain. "Careless talk costs lives", or in this case, can serve to undermine MG Motor (perhaps that is someone's intention?).

As to the 'someone who works there'; he did specifically confirm to me at the time you first started suggesting that there was no more finishing off of the MG3 going on at Longbridge that you were incorrect. Should I believe someone who works there? or should I have believed an apparent outsider who has supposedly quoted an undisclosed and unverified source? (I say apparent outsider - for all I know, you might be William Wang ) It is logical to favour information from the person known to work there as being correct.
obadiah-jones likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 16:37

Car: Rover 45
2 New dealers mentioned above have already bean announced.

They are as follows.

Arnold Clark,
Dalmarnock Rd,
Rutherglen,
Glasgow,
Scotland,
GT3 1AE
and
F Henderson,
Langley Bridge,
Langley Moor,
Durham,
DH7 8JZ
Both these Garages are Pending, and will be active shortly.

Last edited by adaveabbott; 10-09-2016 at 17:44.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 19:50

Car: Rover 211 MG ZS 120 MG ZT 160T ZTT 120 MG3 Style MG ZS 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by snifferdog1 View Post
Agreed - I find it hard to believe that some people feel the need to pick out things such as a word in a press release.

Maybe this is the same guy that complained to the ITC that MG reffered to itself as a British manufacturer in the original MG6 TV commercial?!

Pathetic.
This actually happened? Some sad, lonely people in the world.