MG has completed an expansion project at its electrical component testing facility. - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 10:50

Car: MG ZS Mk II
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbeneezerGoode View Post
Just see that one the other week where they were excitedly announcing that the GS was available with protective rubber mats. Something just about every car for years has been available with. It shows a very strange thought process. Availability of accessories is a good thing but why then issue a press release leading on a relatively mundane feature like the mats?
The mats' press release was embarrassing and hilarious in equal measures. Probably the worst yet.

It's not just the content, though. Whilst not always being badly-written per se, they do often seem a little amateurish, and don't flow particularly well, like they were put together by the work experience person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 12:52

Car: CityRover
The mats that you can't buy, there's no sign of them anywhere on the MG website.

There is a lovely blurb about their 'Manufacturing Facility In Birmingham' for the final assembly of 'The New MG6'.

Quote:
Manufacturing facility in Birmingham

Final assembly on the new MG6 is completed in Birmingham. We use the scale and technological advancement of the MG production facility in Lingang, China, for initial production. This includes the production of the car body as well as paint shop processing. 

Taking care of initial production in China means our UK manufacturing team can focus on the key components that create the handling experience our European customers have come to expect. This includes, the connection of the engine and the gearbox, as well as completing electrical connections and inserting the power train. 

The manufacturing facilities in Birmingham, including full paint shop capabilities, have been protected across our 69-acre site. This will allow us to expand when volumes increase and new models are introduced.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 14:56

Car: MG ZR120 + MG3 Form Sport + MG6 GT.
Seriously, can't you just go and use the new macdroitwich page?! It's back up now after failing for a bit.

Last edited by snifferdog1; 22-09-2016 at 15:07.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 15:16

I know nothing of it and I'm not who you think I am.

Clearly, MGUK are above any kind of criticism.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 15:26

So you just joined this forum recently to vent your frustrations?

Well, I think you'd be most welcome over there.

Oh and as I typed this I see that MG have just released a fresh statement to say that they are expecting another record breaking sales and registrations month.

I don't know how they've got the Gaul.
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 15:47

So essentially, so long as I pretend that MG know what they're doing and are a roaring success, my posts are welcome?
Such revisionist thinking is what has got them where they are today.

Good news on the record breaking sales though, Ford, Vauxhall, VW et al must be very worried.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 16:18

Car: Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Stalsis View Post
So essentially, so long as I pretend that MG know what they're doing and are a roaring success, my posts are welcome?
Such revisionist thinking is what has got them where they are today.

Good news on the record breaking sales though, Ford, Vauxhall, VW et al must be very worried.
So what was your association with the old company to make you so bitter.. Paint sprayer,or maybe an engineer? Or just a Brit car fan boy.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 17:12

Car: Other Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTL View Post
So what was your association with the old company to make you so bitter.. Paint sprayer,or maybe an engineer?
He might even be one of the contractors let go last week.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 17:43

None of the above. I was let go from a rose tinted spectacle factory.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 18:11

Car: ZS 1.8, XW Tourer T16 Turbo
Where is that button where i can report new scammers? Owner of CityRover, OMG, go back to your country! We don't need you anymore!
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 18:34

We are all frustrated with the UK operation and wish for faster cars, better advertising etc etc.

The way some people discuss this is fairly and constructively and then there are others that use power words loaded with emotion and designed to evoke conflict.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifferdog1 View Post
The way some people discuss this is fairly and constructively and then there are others that use power words loaded with emotion and designed to evoke conflict.
and we have those who instantly label anyone who says anything negative as being bitter and a hater, wanting the company to fail.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGNorman View Post
and we have those who instantly label anyone who says anything negative as being bitter and a hater, wanting the company to fail.
Yes but you are.. I have read your posts on McD including your stupid MG6 buyers guide. You are on here for one reason what ever user name you chose to use this month.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:07

In this instance, post 2 -

Really? Is that it? Is this the kind of press release that they think sells cars?
What will it be tomorrow then, a press release about the new coffee machine?
No wonder the brand is in trouble.

post 6 -

It's utter, utter incompetence and it's utterly indefensible.

post 9 -

MG Motor UK is a joke and an utter failure that has consistently missed every single target they have ever set.

All posted by the same person before the thread even turned negative (lets not forget that this is about a press release detailing further investment in Longbridge) and who joined a couple of weeks ago.

You must be able to see the power words being used to incite ill feeling?!
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:24

Quote:
Yes but you are.. I have read your posts on McD including your stupid MG6 buyers guide. You are on here for one reason what ever user name you chose to use this month.
Sadly Nick you are, once again, wrong here. Firstly I don't post on McD (thought that was McDonalds), secondly I don't have an MG6 buyers guide and lastly I only have one name on here (and haven't had any other).

You really do need to desist with all these false accusations, they do tend to make you look deluded and desperate.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtininkas View Post
OMG, go back to your country! We don't need you anymore!
That kind of bigotry may be acceptable in Lithuania, but it most certainly is not at all acceptable here in the United Kingdom.

Mind your manners.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifferdog1 View Post
You must be able to see the power words being used to incite ill feeling?!
Dear Lord, it's my opinion, nothing more and nothing less, I thought you were all men.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGNorman View Post
Sadly Nick you are, once again, wrong here. Firstly I don't post on McD (thought that was McDonalds), secondly I don't have an MG6 buyers guide and lastly I only have one name on here (and haven't had any other).

You really do need to desist with all these false accusations, they do tend to make you look deluded and desperate.
Very familiar words. I am quite sure we have had many similar conversations over the years. But of course I cant prove it because most posters from certain other forum sites do tend to use different user names on this site. Most also deny it, so we cannot quote them on here
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 19:55

Quote:
I am quite sure we have had many similar conversations over the years.
I seriously doubt that
Quote:
most posters from certain other forum sites do tend to use different user names on this site
Nick,you need to accept that not everyone with different views to you have come from some other forum. People have different ways of seeing things, that's human nature, but not all of us are quick to label anyone that has a different viewpoint.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 22-09-2016, 20:05
Supporter

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Stalsis View Post
Outside of here, where have you seen that story discussed?
Don't know - I haven't looked.

Quote:
It's in none of the papers or media outlets because MG UK as a media story is a non event, they have no profile and no-one is interested.
Press releases are issued by organisations everyday over all manner of subjects, most of it benign with the intention not to convey a story but merely to attract attention and assert presence. Most of MGM's releases fall into that category. No harm in that (on the proviso they're well written of course).

Let's not loose sight that MG Motor UK and SMTC are seperate entities. SMTC doesn't report its own news - MGM does this because the companies are tightly linked and because good news for SMTC is good news for MGM, and therefore has potential to boost sales. MG Motor UK is underperforming and its operation retracting to the point where they are now little more than an import and sales operation. SMTC on the other hand is seemingly flourishing and while it is a sparrow compared to SAIC's Chinese operations' swan, investment continues to pour in because it is a viable and valuable part of the business.

Not wanting to sound too glum but now that assembly has halted at Longbridge I no longer see it being restarted. SAIC may consider UK car production in the future (i.e. in a few decades), however by that point they will need a clean sheet facility and not an unmothballed Longbridge.
Closed Thread