Production has officially ended at Longbridge.. - Page 12 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #221 of 231 (permalink) Old 29-11-2016, 20:23

Car: Other Manufacturer
It will all be better when the face lifted version arrives.
GSi and EbeneezerGoode like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 231 (permalink) Old 30-11-2016, 11:40

Car: rover 75 2.5 (LPG) & TF 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGNorman View Post
It will all be better when the face lifted version arrives.

Quite, if MG had brought out a facelifted diesel automatic brexit everything would have been ok! (are we blaming MG for the NZ earthquake yet?.)
post #223 of 231 (permalink) Old 16-12-2016, 15:16

Car: CityRover
china

if China was not flexing its power and building airfield on these new island and claiming most of the sea bed from other close by countries perhaps more people would have brought m. g, of them
Perry Stalsis likes this.
post #224 of 231 (permalink) Old 16-12-2016, 15:20

Car: CityRover
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM View Post
Did 'assembly' even start at Longbridge?
It's pretty much been confirmed that MG has made redundant all assembly and after sales staff members, again. Absolutely disgusting that the staff have been treated like this, made redundant or not, surely demoralising... Seems they are really scraping the barrel, with more of Longbridge being handed back ( trusted sources) also, with the poor way the GS is being marketed, is there a future for MG in the UK? I'd personally say no, with scaling back of longbridge, to me seems like they are cutting back the UK operation. That's my opinion.
they need to cut costs so they can build more islands and claim sea bed resorses,
post #225 of 231 (permalink) Old 16-12-2016, 16:02

Have heard from informed sources that the old equipment has been stripped out of the CAB for scrapping as St. Modwen's prepare to take over those buildings to develop the site. Not really a surprise after September's announcement though I guess some people nurtured a hope of small scale production returning.
post #226 of 231 (permalink) Old 23-12-2016, 13:00
GSi

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
MG Motor advised the following in its accounts for y/e December 2015 as a subsequent event: page 4, Directors Report' "In June 2016 it was decided to stop vehicle assembly and in future to import finished vehicles (see note 21)"
Note 21: "On 23 September 2016, assembly of vehicles from SKD kits ceased in the UK. In future, vehicles supplied by parent company in China for sale in UK will be complete vehicles.
An estimate of the financial impact of this event is unable to be provided at this time. The cost of decommissioning and income from the resulting scrap cannot be estimated with any degree of accuracy"
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
post #227 of 231 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 11:19
GSi

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
I can't help thinking that if only Theresa May's tweets were as powerful as Trump's then UK MG assembly may have been saved!
Ford ditches Mexico plan ? and Trump wins again | New York Post
post #228 of 231 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 20:33
Supporter

Car: Rover 25 1.4 110bhp 3d petrol 2002 MNX 45k ml / Fiat Punto convertible 1995 Bertone 1.6 90bhp
Haunting photographs of Longbridge MG Rover plant

Haunting photographs reveal how Longbridge MG Rover plant has lain abandoned | Daily Mail Online

And more distressing if possible this one:

(sadness, French title but English video)

Last edited by Dorchester; 13-01-2017 at 09:00.
post #229 of 231 (permalink) Old 15-01-2017, 13:36

Sad to read about the vast amounts of historical items that are being confined to a skip at Longbridge.

The current company seem happy to trade on the history and heritage of the marque, but couldn't care less about the stuff that they are throwing away.

So sad.
Milton Man and Perry Stalsis like this.
post #230 of 231 (permalink) Old 15-01-2017, 22:25

Car: Rover 211 MG ZS 120 MG ZT 160T ZTT 120 MG3 Style MG ZS 180
Must admit, this has hit me more than I thought it would. Such a shame to see MGM didn't use it to its full potential. I would have had a GS or even the new ZS had they been built or assembled in Longbridge. However, I have decided to go and buy a ZS180 while I still can.
The 3 is staying as the everyday car, but I'm not sure I can buy a modern MG that hasn't had at least some tinkering in the UK.
post #231 of 231 (permalink) Old 16-01-2017, 11:51

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Judging from what we see in that video (and what I gather is still lying around from posts on other forums/social media), MG Motor could probably make more money from selling off the MG Rover era ephemera than they are doing from selling cars