04 plate Rover 25 available, free to a good home. - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 19:10 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 25
04 plate Rover 25 available, free to a good home.

Due to various considerations, and with a heavy heart, I will be getting rid of my Rover 25 after 13 years.

Being a sentimental sort, I'd rather have it go to someone who can make some kind of use of it - whether as a project or whatever. It's got 56000 on the clock, will be needing 2 new tyres, a new battery and the head gasket is on the way out. Few wings and dings and a rusting dent on the driver side door which doesn't affect the functionality of it. MOT is up on March 13th.

If there's no takers, it'll be webuyanycar.com but if anyone on here does fancy it, they're welcome to it for free - first come, first serve. Collection only, South Yorks area. Pics available (always assuming I can manage to upload em).

Please PM me if interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 16:45
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Generous offer - alas too far away for me. Hopefully some one will take it to look after.

gnu
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 17:05 Thread Starter

Hopefully. It's not looking good though....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 18:55

Car: Rover 400 (95-99)
sounds a little too far from me too , or would have had it for my son and fixed it up
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 18:59

Can you put some photos up?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 20:44

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
That's a very kind offer, and I hope someone will take you up on it - it doesn't sound to be too bad to do up and continue running for many more years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensfan View Post
If there's no takers, it'll be webuyanycar.com.......
You may find that they won't really want it - the offer you will recieve will seem pretty poor, and when they see it first hand and start chopping lumps off the initial offer for evrey dent, scratch or bit of rust etc, you may not end up with anything at all.

Then there will be their fixed processing fee to come out of that. On a 13 year old Rover (with faults), you might end up paying them.

webuyanycar were only offering a few hundred pounds for 25s and ZRs ten years ago when these cars would sell on the forecourt for a four figure sum. Now they are only worth a few hundred.........
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 22:54

dude you still got this ???
where in south yorkshire you at ? i am in york and i am very interested in giving it a home with the rest of the mgs and rovers i have