MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Does Jeremy Clarkson like the MG ZR?

7K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  zsowner 
#1 ·
Hi there,

i know Jeremy Clarkson was known for his true hatred towards most Rover and MG models, (exception of the ZT-260)

I was just wondering what he thought about the MG ZR, and did they ever review it on Top Gear?

Thanks

#4 ·
Well the MG ZR is such a different car to what Rover produced before hand, due to the fact that it was aimed at a totally new audience, so i was just wondering if it was ever reviewed on Top Gear, and if Jeremy actually liked the 'new look' Rover.

#5 ·
They did review it, Richard Hammond did the bit if I remember right. He was very positive about it, then King Jeremy (insert :lol: here) slated it with the usual Rover speech. :2c:

Ultimately, though, as Emps says, does it matter? Do you have one? do you like it?

I have one, and I like it! If Jeremy Clarkson likes it or not I couldn't really give a rat's ass about! :dunno:

#14 ·
I believe he really loves the car. He was most impressed with the self venting head gaskets and wants to trade in his super cars for one.

Sorry sarcasm!!! Stuff J Clarksons thoughts, if you are happy with your car thats all that matters. They are sound little cars with plenty of room and I think still look good. Just enjoy it.

#15 ·
As said, Hammond reviewed the ZR and liked it, said it was the car to buy from the range of supermini's they tested if you wanted a sporty one (I would be worried if he didn't tbh considering what it was up against!).

Clarkson also reviewed and loved the MG SV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msp9bcS3Ows

And as said, Fifth Gear reviewed all of the Zeds coming to the conclusion that ZS was the best, then the ZT and the ZR was a bit disappointing. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8i8tsbD08

#16 ·
who cares if jeremy clarkson likes your car? do you only buy cars approved by topgear?
tbh anyone who has watched topgear will know the format is say any supercar is amazing and any car someone can realisticly afford is crap, the programme isnt about cars its just a modern version of last of the summer wine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.