MG-Rover.org Forums banner

mems 3 to mems 2j conversion? can it be done?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  darkstar585 
#1 ·
Hi all this is my first ever post on this forum :)

Anyway I have a 04 MG ZR 105 that blew its head gasket on me about a month ago whilst i was driving in the middle of no where and the only way i could get it home was to basically feed it oil and water constantly. i was able to get it to my workshop before it finally gave up the ghost for good. :(

So I have managed to get the old engine out and I have managed to find a bargain low mileage 1.8 vvc out of the Rover BRM for only a 100 notes. I stupidly bought it without thinking about it only to realise that this engine has a mems 2j ECU and engine loom. :banghead:

My question to all you experts out there is it possible to convert the body loom that is in the ZR to support the mems 2j ecu and engine loom? or is there anybody out there that has done this before?

My car doesn't have AC but it does have ABS but i don't mind loosing that to get the engine to run and working out how to connect it later.

I will hopefully be getting the immobiliser on the 2j ecu deactivated at land rover in Cambridge so the alarm system shouldn't be much of a problem either.

I know it seems stupid to put the BRM engine in when the 160 would slide straight in with ease but the price was just to good to miss on and beside what fun would that be! ;)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.