MG-Rover.org Forums banner

mk2 ZR fog surrounds paint.

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  X-Trophy 
#1 ·
I was wanting to follow is the footsteps of a few on here and spray my front fog surrounds body coloured. XPG.

Will I get a good finish if I primer them and use the official XPG spray can and lacquer or will it begin to flake if it gets chipped or from wear and tear? I don't know anyone to get them sprayed professionally and have no idea of the costs. I'm worried about a can splattering, would I need to use wet and dry or anything or should it apply smooth by default?

So, to spray with the can myself or to get them done professionally? People could make money by selling these prepainted on the net. Would be nice to keep my originals too I suppose.

#3 ·
How much would say it should cost to get em both sprayed, and do they just mix the paints themselves or do bodyshops and repair places have most paint types in stock?

I am hoping it would be less than 20 quid, if not then it is cheaper to buy the can and laquer but would I have an inferior finish?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.