Painting my front grill - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 18:54 Thread Starter

Car: CityRover
Painting my front grill

Hey guys, as I was painting my front grill I tried to remove the front bumper but the bolts on one of the wheel arches were kinda messed up and to make thing better I ended up trashing them, and my question is, is there any way to remove those bolts? So I can get new ones and be able to remove the front bumper for other ocasions. I'll leave the video if you guys are interested in the painting process.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 19:32

Car: Rover 25
cut them out and use a new bolt and washer
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 20:31 Thread Starter

By saying cut them out are you refering to the fender liner or the bolts?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 20:34

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
The bolts that hold the front bumper to the wings are captivated in one of two brackets - they often get rusted up (especially the one nearest the wheelarch) and they twist off when you try to undo the nut. One bracket holds the bolts that attach the bumper to the wing, the other bracket holds the wing to the inner wing.

You can either make a new bracket yourself, drill holes in the right places and use ordinary bolts, or you can replace the bracket with a new one. Both brackets are still available to order from any MG Rover/XPart agent:

Outer wing to inner wing - http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-ASU470030

Bumper to wing - http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-DPP100960
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 01:13

Car: (Mgf sold)Zr 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Car View Post
The bolts that hold the front bumper to the wings are captivated in one of two brackets - they often get rusted up (especially the one nearest the wheelarch) and they twist off when you try to undo the nut. One bracket holds the bolts that attach the bumper to the wing, the other bracket holds the wing to the inner wing.

You can either make a new bracket yourself, drill holes in the right places and use ordinary bolts, or you can replace the bracket with a new one. Both brackets are still available to order from any MG Rover/XPart agent:

Outer wing to inner wing - Bracket assembly-fender support - Genuine MG Rover at www.rimmerbros.co.uk

Bumper to wing - Plate-front bumper stud - Genuine MG Rover at www.rimmerbros.co.uk
I can vouch for this. I swapped the bumper on my girlfriends zr the other week and the bumper to wing bracket pretty much turned to dust at the sight of a ratchet so make sure to have a new one ready before you do it. We needed the car roadworthy the next day so I ended up having to drive to rimmers at lincoln for it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 21:56 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I will probably end up trying to fix it by myself I will try to drill the holes in the right places with the ordinary bolts.