MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Rover 25 HT Leads

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lewisnewson 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I just changed swapped out my spark plugs not long ago and was thinking of doing the same for the HT leads, only when I took the cover off I found the original leads in quite a weird config (also the head of one is snapped thanks to prev. owner, Rover HT Leads - Album on Imgur). I found these replacement ones on eBay: Rover 25, 200, 400 AccuSpark 8mm Silicone Performance HT leads,as DKB278 | eBay only im not to sure how they would fit on.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Lewis
:unionflag:

#2 · (Edited)
Ok so I have done some digging and found that that config is actually using Coil Packs. Now from what I understand so far there is no way to use direct HT leads instead of these packs, anyone have any ideas on whether I can just re-route HT leads in the space of the coil packs.
These are the coil packs I have found (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-ROVER...517170?hash=item25969acc32:g:rhwAAOSwn51UZjqs) but not sure whether or not they are going to fit on plus the fact that two are coil packs and two are HT leads im not sure where to get the 2 leads from.
Thanks, Lewis

#3 ·
Your sefup uses, as you found, coil packs and wasted spark mechanism.

You cannot use dizzy HT leads as you do not have mechanic needed for such setup - you are missing dizhy cap, rotor, rotor arm, and connection to camshaft.

So re-routing of dizzy HT leads is out of question.

What you can do, is buy new ignition coils (2 of them) and ignition coil HT leads (also 2 of them). Personally I would recommend OEM coils and leads:
1. Ignition Coil - Genuine MG Rover at www.rimmerbros.co.uk
2. High Tension Lead Ignition Set - OEM at www.rimmerbros.co.uk

Note that I assume your engine is 1.4 or 1.6 since you did not mention exactly. If your engine is VVC I think that coils are little longer in that xase, so above part number is not correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.