rover 25 idle help - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 13-05-2017, 21:36 Thread Starter

Car: CityRover
rover 25 idle help

So I am new here and can not find a direct answer so far I have an impression 25 1.4 2003, I have just had the head gasket replaced after it went a month ago.

Since then the car has been idling at 1200-1600, the warmer it gets the higher it idles. it has already had the idle control valve and the map sensor replaced (the map sensor had blown and needed replacing)

What is odd is sometimes, more so when the car is at running temp when I rev it above 4000 it will stick and what is really odd is when I turn on the air con the revs will drop even if it sticks at the 4000.

I only have a loss of power when the engine is cold, once running there is no loss so not sure what to do, was thinking it might be that the throttle body needs a bit of a clean

I am racking my head around this, anyone else every come across this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 14-05-2017, 08:04
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
I'd start by cleaning the intake and throttle with intake 'spray through' cleaner. Check the throttle cable and routing. And check all cables are plugged in properly, after the HG job. I assume there is no coolant loss after the HG job?

gnu
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 14-05-2017, 10:19 Thread Starter

Car: CityRover
ok I will have a double check all of the cables, the coolant has been good which is such a relief and the throttle cable has some slack in it so props is not that. I will give the throttle a clean when I can need to pick up some spray first.

Before I did the map change it was hooked up to the computer, it did say there is a fault with an air sensor is there more than one air sensor? I only know of the map sensor for air control