Rover 25/MG ZR ECU 1.4 Engine ECU/Alarm NNN100743 1 Late FOB - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 17:21 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZR
Rover 25/MG ZR ECU 1.4 Engine ECU/Alarm NNN100743 1 Late FOB

Hello im new to this forum, saying that im new to all this forum stuff (Red faced) Im having problems with my pektron alarm/ immobiliser control module in my MG ZR 1.4 and my nearest MG garage said the Pektron unit has failed and it needs to be replaced with a new one at the cost of 929.30! This is for removel of the air con and re charge ect and to re program the scu to the car. i have found this full unit as seen below. if i buy this will it go straight into my MG as it is or will i still need to take it in to get programmed? Sorry if this is wrong or have put it in a wrong place as i say im new to this forum stuff. Many thanks Sonny (DJSonEDee) Item title:Rover/ Mg Pektron Alarm/ Immobiliser Module

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 17:37
Mmmm....Rover..

Car: Mk2 ZS 160, 200vi(RIP) & Freelander XEDi
Send a message via MSN to technozen
Yes, those items will work.

The aircon does not have to be disturbed to replace the SCU.

What is the fault with your SCU?

Free Fob Programming and Diagnostics for forum Supporters... see here.

Pektron SCU/BCU Technical Information and Common Faults... see here.

Discounted Pektron SCU/BCU Relay Replacement for forum Supporters... see here.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 18:14 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Technozen around two weeks ago my first fob stopped working and then the 2nd one stopped working on Thursday night, i replaced the bats in both but still no joy so i tried to over ride the immobiliser with the 4 digit door code but when i get to the last turn just before which is 9 the alarm goes off. i got it towed to my local MG garage to see if i could get the fobs re programmed but they had no joy and even tried a brand new fob and said that the scu is not responding so it will need a new one fitted at the price of 450ish as i thought it didnt have air con they later found it did and said due to the work needed to get to the scu it will be 929 to do all the work as its behind the air con. ive stripped out the dash and am waiting to find someone to dis charge the air con so i can fit a second hand scu for 25 but after buying it i found the full set up as shown above for 150. so just needed to know would it be worth buying this and not using the single unit and getting it re programmed. Sonny

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 18:57
Banned

Car: Rover 25 x3 MGZR 160
@djsonedee
I do not want to jump in here and poach.

My thoughts are this:
The SCU you have at the moment (Pektron) is probably repairable, either way it can be 'cloned' to a second hand unit, instead of spending the money on a 'newish' one and ecu.

It may well be the relays have gone, and or other components on the board, which can all be replaced.

You may have water damage in or outside on the the connectors to the unit. You need either way to get it out to check.

The garage are having a laugh...

Once out you can send it to Technozen and he can check it and repair it.
I have the equipment to clone it and or program your keyfobs to it or a 'new' replacement..

As I said, as Technozen answered you I do not want to step on his toes..

Last edited by KevinM; 11-12-2011 at 19:05.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 19:31 Thread Starter

Nice one thanks for your help im awaiting for someone to come out to dis charge the air con then il post a picture of the insides of the scu or send it to Technozen to have a look or send to both scus to you to have cloned, i have the barcodes for my fobs will you need these too? Sonny
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 20:05
Mmmm....Rover..

Car: Mk2 ZS 160, 200vi(RIP) & Freelander XEDi
Send a message via MSN to technozen
As I said in my earlier post... you don't have to get the aircon discharged to gain access to the SCU.

The official MG-R procedure for the SCU removal makes no reference to the need to discharge the aircon and remove the evaporator.

Why garages decide to do this makes no sense to me.

Free Fob Programming and Diagnostics for forum Supporters... see here.

Pektron SCU/BCU Technical Information and Common Faults... see here.

Discounted Pektron SCU/BCU Relay Replacement for forum Supporters... see here.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 20:39 Thread Starter

Thanks Technozen i will try and remove the broken SCU tomorrow and let you know the outcome. Sonny
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 20:46
Trader Supporter

Car: MG Express (Van)
Garages
Sonny could put your location as I could help if you are midlands based.

TS Autos - I do everything apart from paint and bodywork, I excel in trim, mechanical and electrical faults on all models, but know ZT/75's every nut and bolt quite literally. Please PM me if you need a part or work doing to your car! location as requested Midlands Area DY8 1XQ
www.tsautos.com