rover - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By clayts450

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-06-2017, 10:23 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 1989 R0ver 213.
Question rover

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, is there a site where I can find out how many owners a car has had? I ask this question because I have just seen a car I recently sold advertised as 1 family owner from new and I was the 9th owner,
Thanks
Dennis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-06-2017, 10:53

Car: Zr 120 5 door, ZS 180 saloon
I'm not sure if you can find out for free but https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/ tells you in the 1.99 report. It also tells you if its been a write off or not in the past

I'm not sure if this will work but here is an example of one I did on there a few days ago

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/Certific...03KTX-22OxvSCW

Last edited by Davemgfzr; 17-06-2017 at 11:03.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-06-2017, 12:05

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
There is no way of knowing the number of actual owners, but the number of legal owners is most often the same as the number of registered keepers logged by DVLA (the registered keeper may not be the legal owner - probably applies to most newer cars nowadays where they are either a fleet lease or privately acquired on some form of finance).

The number of previous registered keepers is clearly stated on the V5C, so anyone trying to sell a car that has had 9 changes of keeper/owner as a 1 owner vehicle is going to come unstuck as soon as the new owner does an HPI type check or recieves his new V5C after a few weeks (I imagine there are still people stupid enough out there who will buy a car without doing an HPI before parting with their hard earned??)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-06-2017, 15:25 Thread Starter
Supporter

Thanks for replies.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-06-2017, 20:28
Supporter

Car: Rover Streetwise
Send a message via AIM to clayts450 Send a message via MSN to clayts450
https://cazana.com/uk will tell you for free and also confirm the model version
Davemgfzr likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-06-2017, 23:22

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
That site is erratic - it used to tell you all sorts of things, but they have cut down what they tell you for free now that it has got itself established. The amount of detail seems to vary from one day to another (sometimes it gives keeper change dates, others it doesn't, but gives full MOT history instead). It used to give the last four digits of the VIN and engine number for free too, but they don't come up anymore (even when you are logged in) unless you pay for a full check, and I have found it is not always entirely accurate.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-06-2017, 08:54

Car: 1992 Merlin Mountain Bike. Vauxhall Combo Turbo Diesel. Astra Turbo Diesel. Rover 825 V6 Coupe.
I think the site is great, but I would! ...the value of my car kept going up and up on there, I was happy when it reached over a 1M, then it went up further and was over 2,000,000 before it no longer showed any valuation. (perhaps since I put my car up for sale and the page picked up on the ad.)

It seems to show changes of owners (...ok, keepers!), but misses out on a couple of early number plate changes although does show 3 later ones (since 2005).

all good fun.

but the ad Dennis metioned seems like the seller trying to max out monies by conning buyers, as who as a buyer would know if it was true or not. not sure who you can report them to.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-06-2017, 11:57 Thread Starter
Supporter

Red face

Hi, the seller has changed the advert, said it was done by a friend who made a mistake, still not strictly accurate but not as bad as it was.
Dennis.