Temp issues is this the jingle valve? Hot air going cold and temp gauge going up - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 21:18 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZR
Temp issues is this the jingle valve? Hot air going cold and temp gauge going up

Temp issues,stat was changed and it was better but quickly started playing up again temp going just over half when it should sit just below half. I have 14404 on the clock any way i have had the cabin air going from hot to cold all of a sudden my dad bled the car for me yesterday. The tube goes to the back of the inlet manifold off a t valve was not getting hot so pulled it out and no water was running out of engine he prodded it and then some rusty crappy water came out any way i thought he had fixed it so drove to Leicester today drove like a dream there and nearly got all the way home back to London when the cabin air went from hot to cold again and the temp gauge stated to shoot up. So i either still have an air lock or there is a blockage in the system. where is the jingle valve on the engine is the thing that i am describing the jingle valve and when you pull the valve off should water flow from it or do you have to prod it in order for water to come out.

on a separate note i have seen a rover 25 diesel 60000 miles fsh thoughts about if this is going to be a much better option that sticking with my 1.4 zr?
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/845...1104201819.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 21:32

Car: Rover 200 Track car 180BHP, MK2 MG ZR-T16
Head gasket mate.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 21:45 Thread Starter

i only had it re done less than a year ago and i have a block test kit and liquid stays blue an no mayo

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 21:49

Can't rule it out though.

Your first post didn't include this info. I'd still suspect HG, bleed it again. This time flush the coolant system properly.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 00:01

Car: Rover 25
The jiggle valve is located in the inlet manifold. Photo by MGJohn in post #19 of this thread,
- this car will be going over beachy head soon....
In your photo it is accessed by removing the small hose with the bright clip to the right of the dipstick.

It's not my intention to outguess Pengy 666 who works a lot on these engines.
However if the head gasket has been done & then the thermostat renewed, it begs the question as to why is there still muck circulating in the cooling system?
Seems like it needs cleaning & flushing properly.

Regards
Dave
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 Thread Starter

Thanks is that the green coloured part? If my head gasket is gone again is it worth my trying k seal? I have seen a clean facelift diesel rover 25 model 1 owner fsh are these a lot better than the k series in terms of issues as I have had lots of coolant issues with this car? Cheers
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 06:44

Not on a k series.

Just fix it, I said give the system a thorough flush again for the reason D.ilbert said, why have you got muck in your system still?

Also it's been done yes but did the person doing it check all the necessary things before refitting cylinder head?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 Thread Starter

Sorry whats not on a k series? The head gasket was done by a garage so don't know what they did they used mls head gasket though. The hose at the back of the inlet in my picture should water run freely out of this or is there as my dad had to prod it to get water to tricke out?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 20:07 Thread Starter

does any one know if the ball bearing in the valve at the back of the inlet manifold that feeds into the t peice for the coolant hoses can become stuck - do people ever have to drill them out?