Time to say goodbye - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 22:08 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZR
Time to say goodbye

Don't really frequent the forum much anymore, but this weekend, after 9 years of ownership, it was time to say goodbye to the ZR.
With the onset of a lot of rust, and quite a bit failing on the car, the cost to legitimately get it through its next MOT this month was far too great. As much as I would have liked to have kept it for a couple more years, spending so much to put right the essentials, and potentially a whole lot more that I don't know about, my heart had to finally listen to my head (and the girlfriend)
Car was advertised for spares and repairs and was sold within a few hours, and collected the following day. It'll help spruce up and keep other cars on the road, so it won't go to waste
Owning the car has been a hoot, it's turned a few heads with it bullet proof antics and relative uniqueness, wanted for nothing when needed, and has helped me make some great friends throughout the Rover / MG community.
So.... after 2 years of research (on and off), I replaced it with a Scirocco 2l petrol GT automatic. It's a really nice car, and seeing it side by side with the ZR, it looks like a natural evolution
I'll keep my account active and still pop in from time to time (and comment on any posts about 1.4-1.6 conversions lol) as well as keeping my eye out for the next Merseyside Meets (yes Charlzy, you need to arrange some).
I wish you all well

Wallsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 20:19

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
It's a path many have taken. These cars require an investment of time, effort and money to remain on the road and it's not always viable. Good luck with the Scirocco. They're pretty tasty (for a squashed Golf ).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 06:26
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Goodbye, enjoy your VW

gnu

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 15-04-2017, 13:16

Car: 25X, 25 1.6, 25 2.0D Rep:■■■■■■■■■■
Gutted, still got the 25X, going to MOT it one last time before it gets stripped.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-04-2017, 13:13

Car: MG ZT
As for me I had 8 rovers 200s 400s and 25s then left for a while to the golf and a3 but have since returned with an mg zt 2l diesel and a zr 160 in xpower grey for weekend fun. It's amazing how they pull u back in though so we may see u soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk