MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Where to mount the CD Autochanger?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Spudgun! 
#1 ·
Progress in getting my 'new' 2003 Rover 25 up to spec is underway. Bits have been fixed and there's other to do. Anyway. I'm not looking at the audio. Specifically, the CD autochanger.

Just where does it get fitted? Rimmer Bros (I'll be getting the brackets and lead from them) mentions more than one place. I've seen others say that it gets bolted to the rails under the front passenger seat.

Who has a CD Autochanger and where is it mounted?

#2 ·
The original mounting point for a CD changer in the 25 was to a bracket which fitted under the front passenger seat.

The usual position for the MG ZR was to a bracket which fitted in the boot, under the passenger side rear parcel shelf support. This became the normal position for the Rover 25 too, but having a look at Rimmers parts list, it appears that neither bracket appears to be available new anymore (only the support strut for the main parcel shelf bracket, and some of the sliding brackets which fit to the autochanger side).

#3 ·
Have you considered just using USB or Bluetooth? New head units are pretty cheap. I actually took my autochanger out as it had been disconnected before I had the car. As above it was mounted under the passenger side parcel shelf support, wouldn't fancy trying to mount one without the correct brackets. Might be more hassle than it's worth?

#4 ·
I've had a look in the back of the Rover and I've found one threaded mounting point just above the carpet, on the left hand side (Similar story to when I fitted an auto changer in my old 416). Where there's one mounting point. There'll be others. I've yet to look under the front passenger seat, but the boot look the best place to put it. I'm not too worried about mounting brackets at the moment. I've yet to fit the radio. Which brings me onto......

I have little time for Bluetooth or USB ports. I prefer cassettes and CD's. Original radios are cheap anyway.

#7 ·
Yesterday. I test fitted the CC32 radio cassette that I had bought (The original fitment item as mentioned in the handbook). I had to use the handbook in order to punch the code for the radio. Anyway. After the code was accepted, I used the handbook to find out how to store radio stations, etc. The handbook also mentioned the CD changer. It turns out that 10 disc Blaupunkt CDC-AO3 changer was an option. Well. That was easy enough to locate. One is on its way. However. The lead that connects the CD changer to the head unit eludes me. I know what it looks like, but Rimmer Bros doesn't have pictures next to all of its parts, so I don't know what the part number is. Does anyone have any idea?

#8 ·
As I can see on Blaupunkt CC32 you need blue part of ISO C plug (yellow + green + blue).

At this moment I cannot find picture of interface on Blaupunkt CDC-AO3 but I think that you do not need to waste time trying to source it from Rimmers. You cal find it on eBay as well.
I think this one might be correct: CD Cable Cavo CD Alfa Fiat Lancia Radio A CDC IDC Blaupunkt CDC A03 OR IDC A09 | eBay but you need to check plug on CDC side.

On the other hand you can e-mail Rimmerbros and ask them for correct cable, they are willing for help, but be careful, as you know CD changer can be mounted under front seat and in the boot, so you have to know length of OEM cable as it might not be sufficient if it was meant to be mounted under seats, and you want it mounted in the boot.

#9 ·
I've managed to find a picture of the offending lead. However. It's part of a Lot on Ebay for another CD changer.

It's a mini ISO to mini ISO lead. The + and - wires at the head unit end do not terminate at the head unit. The + has an in-line fuse and probably goes to a permanent live. The other wire is - ground.

Although I could fabricate a lead from scratch. I'd rather use that option as a last resort. I may have to drop Rimmer Bros an E-Mail. Hell. My prospective shopping list with them would be worth it!

#10 ·
For anyone who has the factory CC32 radio cassette fitted. The Blaupunkt CDC A03 CD changer works perfectly.

Although I didn't have the lead that connects one to the other. I tested the changer by plugging it directly into the back of the radio (Same mini ISO plug). Lovely!

A pair of mini ISO extension leads will eventually get the changer connected to the radio.

I've yet to solve the changer mounting problem though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.