MG-Rover.org Forums banner

45 Saloon Noise Reduction

695 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sejin26 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone.
Was having a look around Rimmerbros and discovered how cheap insulation is and wondering if I could make my car anymore refined by getting some. It has always been my plan to make the car more refined especially as I like to do some motorway miles.

I would say I probably notice the wind noise around the A pillar when traveling at motorway speeds.

Could anyone recommend I do this and whether it is actually possible to do so?

Thanks
Scott. =)

See less See more
#2 ·
Noise from the A pillar is best sorted by fitting wind deflectors (plastic scoops that clip to the outside of the car ) personally I think they look wrong but if you like them thats your choice, other than that if the noise is bad have you thought about replacing the door seal ? if it is past its best then it will let wind noise in at speed as will the window seals.

Sound deadening is only really meant to stop panels ringing it is good for noise caused by the rear quarters being a bit bell shaped and the same on the bonnet I dont think it would do you much good for wind noise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.