earth point - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bren10

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-04-2017, 19:31 Thread Starter

Car: CityRover
earth point

i am wanting to fit a camera to the car (ZS+ 2.0 TD 02 plate) so probably a MK1 , i know where the fuse box is, but i cannot find and earth point.
can someone tell me where the nearest eath point to the fuse box or centre console is, and how to get at it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 18-04-2017, 19:37
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape' & Rover 600
There are couple of earth points bolted on the inner wing kest to the right side of fuse box.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 19-04-2017, 02:16

Car: MG ZS
You can earth to the body anywhere to be honest, doesn't have to be an earth point. When I fitted Honda front interior light with map lights I had to scrape paint off where light unit bolts to roof to Earth extra connections. I fitted a camera in my ZS a couple of years back to record while driving and mounted camera on rear view mirror then hard wired in behind radio so it activates with ignition using ignition live and nearest earth wire, simple enough.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 19-04-2017, 15:58 Thread Starter

Car: CityRover
thanks for that but, now i have another problem - how to remove the window piller so i can get the cable underneath
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 20-04-2017, 15:15

Car: MG ZS
Plastic window pillar trim just pulls off there are a few clips on it, the metal clip sits in the metal pillar and the lugs are on the trim. You can get the wire in behind without removing if you pop the door seal off and push wire in behind.
When I did my camera I removed trim , both sun visors ( two screws ) to free head lining to get camera cable in behind headlining. What I will say is be careful you don't pinch the cable on metal clips that secure pillar trim, best to tape to side edge of metal pillar so it's not moving around when you refit trim.
As I said trim comes off with a bit of effort, use trim tool but if you haven't got one some strong fingers will do lol. I have camera wire and the wiring running from my Honda interior light to my footwell lights and you would never know it's there. I hard wired my camera in behind radio as I don't like having things plugged into cigarette lighter.
Hope this helps Bren
Bodger2 likes this.