MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Rover 45 02 Plate - Where are the stock crossover units?

642 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MarkTime 
#1 ·
So i fitted my aftermarket speakers in the front today. I decided to use the existing wires in the door because:

A) I tested them to make sure the mid/bass and treble were separate, so thought they'd be fine for the upgraded components.

and B) Because F*** trying to get any cables through that flexy pipe with the big connector blocks at each end!

After much hard work, swearing, mdf machinery, soldering and swearing I got everything working and drove home. Then i noticed that the tweeters were VERY over powered compared to everything else. To the point that if I wanted the mid/bass (excluding my sub setting here) I'd have to turn it up to the point were my ears hurt from treble (and some unsavoury crackles coming from the tweeters).

So I'm thinking I should probably install the crossover units that came with my speakers for the desired effects. Does anyone here know where the stock ones are? So far I've confirmed that two wires come from the head unit (or my amp now), and then there's 2 wires going to the woofer and 2 to the tweeter, meaning that somewhere there is a crossover unit splitting the tone.

Where is the damn thing?

See less See more
#3 ·
Ah right, so there's no crossover taking place with my components atm. I did notice that the main speaker connectors had 4 wires instead of 2. I guess i could cut two until i figure out what ones go to the tweeter and what ones go back to the headunit then insert the crossover in the appropriate place.

And I agree, the stocks were quite good. But I always want more ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.