Rover 45 td Clutch master/slave cylinder - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 19:59 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 45
Rover 45 td Clutch master/slave cylinder

Hi all
I am seeking some advice regarding, the CLUTCH master/slave sealed unit for a 45 TD. Can anyone advise where i can get a new sealed unit, as i have been told these cannot be split. I am in Northern Ireland, however anywhere that supplys in the uk would be helpfull,

Thanks for any assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 20:04 Thread Starter

In addition to the above request, has anyone had a failure on master/slave cylinder and resolved the problem of this being a sealed unit. as it appears the parts are supplied separately and my local rover breakers/spares shop informs me that it's a waste of time buying both parts as when clipped together air will get into the system rendering them useless.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 20:35
Discount MG Rover Spares (Formerly Mattyprice4004)

Car: MG ZT-T+ CDTi Auto
Garages
Send a message via MSN to DMGRS
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:00

I went to my local auto parts shop and they got me master and slave cyls with pipes, they just plug together, the following day. Genuine original parts £110. If you go this route, plug the two together before fitting as pushing them together in situ is nigh on impossible. Phil
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 16:24

photo of master and slave for rovertdi45

HELP has anyone able to post a photo of how the master and slave clutch cylinder for rover tdi 45 2003 sits through the engine , eg over what parts and under what parts i am now getting at my wits end twisting and turning it and not seem to be getting it lined up to join, thanks i would like it done before dark if poss, HELP,,,
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 28-07-2015, 18:59

Car: MG ZS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie bassett View Post
Hi all
I am seeking some advice regarding, the CLUTCH master/slave sealed unit for a 45 TD. Can anyone advise where i can get a new sealed unit, as i have been told these cannot be split. I am in Northern Ireland, however anywhere that supplys in the uk would be helpfull,

Thanks for any assistance.
They can be split. get a used one off ebay.