Originally Posted by ngrif
Thanks for the quick response, if it is a case of taking the dashboard to pieces though, rather than just a few clips I think it may have to stay broken for a while
99% it is the bulb.
Unfortunately on the 400/45/ZS it is a ***** to do!
Procedure as follows.
1. remove the two screws at the back of the back part of the centre console.
2. remove plastic cover from centre console centre (under handbrake).
3. remove the 2 10mm bolts.
4. remove rear part of centre console (lift and push towards back of car, disconnect electric window switches, then lift over handbrake)
5. remove radio and radio mounting cage
6. remove screw in radio apature
7. remove heated rear window and hazard light switches
8. remove screws revealed by following 7.
9. remove two screws in centre console in footwell.
10.remove gear knob
11 remove leather gear surround (clipped in pull up from front end)
12 remove centre console (disconnect clock wiring).
13. Bulb is in the back of the clock.
14. refit is reverse of removal!