Actually bought a 75, finally - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:37 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 75
Smile Actually bought a 75, finally

Hello

Well, I finally succumbed and bought a 75 after considering approximately 50 cars during the last six months.

It is a 1999 2.0 Connoiseur Auto in Arden Green with abouth 140000kms (85000 miles) on the clock.
It may not have been my first choice but it was very cheap, 30000 SEK or about 2000 and is in very good condition with an immaculate interior and just a single little rustspot on the bonnet caused by a stonechip.

There is a fault with it, the Traction Control system is not working due to a broken motor and wire, otherwise everything seems fine.

It runs very well: At 145 km/h (about 90mph) on studded winter tires you can hear the teeth gnash on the driver of the MB 300 I just passed

Tomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:41

Car: Other Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by suoernehru
It runs very well: At 145 km/h (about 90mph) on studded winter tires you can hear the teeth gnash on the driver of the MB 300 I just passed

Tomas
Ha ha ha. Good to hear it. Hope it is everything you want it to be. The 2.0 engine, although less powerful is smoother than the 2.5.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pitt
Ha ha ha. Good to hear it. Hope it is everything you want it to be. The 2.0 engine, although less powerful is smoother than the 2.5.
Yes,i also notice the 2L KV6 is much smoother,anybody knows what is the reasons.?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan chee hoe
Yes,i also notice the 2L KV6 is much smoother,anybody knows what is the reasons.?
Shorter stroke engine, same bore.

Not sure what the actual difference is, I think it may be the con rods and pistons, so the crank is the same.

Hope you have a good one; the KV6 seems to have a fair amount of variance between units, something I believe is due to things like the crank being subcontracted so Rover did not have the ultimate control on quality control, meaning some engines are slightly off balance.

Get a good one though and what an engine. Only problem is hard to work on, cambelts and poor fuel consumption compared to other similar lumps.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 19:11

Congratulations Tomas,
Your new car sounds great, I reckon Arden Green to be one of the nicest colours for a 75, and a Connoisseur too which means you get the lovely leather interior, I'm ever so slightly envious.

Happy motoring

Steve.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 19:41

Car: R75 connisseur SE V Reg
Welcome suoernehru to the 75 club,

I've had mine 1999 2.0 Connoiseur Auto for a few weeks now and i love it
Hope you have many happy trouble free miles in her
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:27

Car: SV-R, R75 V8 and ZT-T CDTi
Thumbs up

Hi Tomas,
At around GBP 2000 it sounds a good buy. I've found that LHD prices in Europe have generally stayed ahead of UK prices so you've done well.
Arden Green is unquestionably one of the nicest colours ever. The question is, is it green or is it blue?
Tom
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:09

ive also just joined the 75 club. i had a 45 for three years till it got smashed up outside my house by a drunk driver playing games. 4 weeks ago i bought a 2.0 connoiseur in blue. the only thing wrong with it was the reversing lights and parking sensors not working. the previous owner had no idea why so thanks to threads in the guru page i took the switch out and cleaned it with brake cleaner and now it works just fine.

had to pay a little more than 2k though. i got mine for 3400 with 75k on the clock. i wonder why i waited so long. it is the nicest car ive ever had. and now that ive found this forum i am as happy as a pig in poo
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:42
dsl

Talking i joined to

i've just purchased an 05 "54" 75 Conn SE for 8200 with 18K and fsh, well only one stamp at 15k, its a face lift model, and i'm picking it up tomorrow. Does anyone know if all these late models have the Smart Nav in them, if it dont, its no worries, just currious.

Tar Si.