MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Chinese Double Din GPS

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  keith8000_0 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My GPS has gone nuts and I need a replacement copy of IGO8, if anyone knows whereabouts to get one?
Cheers,
Tom

#5 ·
If its the same as my unit, there is a tiny hole on the front of the unit which will do a reset,you need somthing small to push into it but it will take it back to a factory reset which may be not so good unless you can speak chinese.
I did also have a bluetooth issue which I could not fix so had to return it to the manufacturer (what an ordeal!!!) but it was sorted in the end.
I tried everything,reset,disconnected the battery etc but no joy.
My bluetooth was working one day,finished a call and then nothing but since fixed has been great.
There is also a admin access panel with a numerical code which somone on this forum did find but not sure what this access may allow you to do.
If alot of your units system has gone down it could be somthing more serious than a reset.

#6 ·
Bluetooth/Audio problemes

I have sorted out the bluetooth problem. The unit can only handle one user, so I just paired the new iPhone to the unit as a new user. But the problem with the audio I could not sort it out. No reset helped. I have found the code which is 126 on my head unit. But nothing tels me how to programme it. Maybe some one out there have the programming manual for the unit?

#8 ·
I know its an old thread but ive just fitted another 2 din unit another one of my cars,physically looks the same as the original units but a couple of distinct differences, the program skins all different, has a phone book and the rear of the unit has exact same ISO block wiring except where the older units have RCA fly leed connectors,this one just has a block of 9 RCA plug points on the rear panel marked camera,AUX ,RCA and IN .Also has 2 plug holes (not sure what typre of plug goes into it) marked TV, think its for analogue tv.? as well as GPS,aerial etc.
The interesting thing is,whereas the older units you went into the Factory Settings and it did nothing much,this one lets you into keys,car logos and a page in part english and part chinese which has a bunch of options (3g,TMC, TV, cdc etc) which you can tick or untick the boxes.
The only issue is the TV appear to be running through the AUX inputs, just the same issue as the olders units.
Anyone got the tv working in the tv channel??

#10 · (Edited)
Got it on ebay,it was a site autostereo.think there out of Hkong.
Basic unit about $350AUD plus Digital tv receiver and reverse camera came to about $460 ish with free freight.
Looks like it is the same unit that was sold via Navall a while ago as the newest Navall has a couple more bells and whistles but its definately got a few more functions than my original units which look the same.
This one has Phone book, Iphone connection and alot easier functionality re phone etc.
Pretty good I think for the bucks.As said the only gripe is like previous models, the DIGITAL tv seems to only run through the AUX inputs.If you end up with one at least I can tell you how to wire it !!1

#11 ·

this is the front of the unit ,managed to change the walpaper (cant put photo up ) but basically you need to copy the image you want as a walpaper onto the right side SD card (GPS one) copy it to a size of 800 x 480, save as a BMP file ,go to the SD card icon ,press and you will see the folder with your IGO data and another folder with picture on it, click on the picture folder you want,find the picture ,click save and I then pressed an icon bottom left of page ? seems to work ,

#12 ·
Ive just bought something that looks exactly like this (not sure if it's the same model number or not - the box dosent say). Is there anyway of updating the design of the Radio screen? Looks very messy. Also, it seems to have real trouble in maintaining a decent radio signal. It's plugged into the very same connector that the original radio had and I hardly had any trouble with the signal.

Cheers,

#13 ·
I ve had no issues with radio signal from my unit.
My only gripe with this unit as opposed to the older one I have is searching for radio stations.
This unit you physically have to locate the station by pressing the search button until you find the next station,the old one you just hit the button and it would go straight to the next station which made it easy to program all your stations.
I also noticed it does not run the same IGO8 navigation software as my other unit.
Tried just doing a SD card copyof IGO8 from the old unit but I had to change somthing (cant remember!!!) but got it working eventually.
Been looking at voice command radios and seeing if there is anything out there that fits our cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.