MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Clutch master cylinder woes, Help pls

576 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterbateson 
#1 ·
Hi there, clutch went knackered today.
Managed to get home with no clutch and was fun at junctions!!!!:eek:mg2:

Is there a good guide or any tips for removing the master cylinder?

I am finding it very difficult to get my hands in to the part and the securing bolts that hold master cylinder in place.

Also I am in preston, is that Matey mate still on here who started selling rover bits? as i am sure he used to live in/near preston.

was/ is this DMGRS?

I really could do with getting my hands on a master cylinder tonight/tommorrow morning.

Any help would be most welcome.

#3 ·
Pretty sure its the master cylinder, clutch was done about 50k ago.
I would hope these clutches would last a bit longer than that.
Deffo knacked master cylinder tho, as the piston(off of pedal) is goosed, piston pulls out and there is a little white clip loose in the barrel, had it out once and re attached to piston but its not mating up to anything.

The above may sound a bit odd but its hard to describe without pics.

#4 ·
Think i may have sorted my problem, had master cylinder out. did a bit of fettling, refilled and refitted then bled.
I now have clutch action!:grin::rocker::rocker:

One thing i was slightly puzzled by/worried about, is that the screw cap for the master cylinder has a hole in it, is this normal???
If the brake reservoir is owt to go off you would think not, but i cant for the life of me see how it could have got a hole in it under the dash.

#7 ·
Ah glad you popped up Mike!
As one of the other sites that shall remain nameless would not let me view your post/how to and take really add insult to injury they decided they would not let me register/reregister and sent me a sniffy email saying as much! :cus:

Me thinks said Pipe and slippers website Didnt find my user name appropriate/acceptable. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.