fault codes Rover 75 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 14-08-2007, 12:40 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 5
Cool fault codes Rover 75

Hi can anyone help me find out what the fault codes equate to on my Rover 75 2002 cdti, the codes are; CF8200, F48400 & 6F8800, REGARDS Andy
andyx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 14-08-2007, 15:46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Notts
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 2,236
where are you getting these codes from they dont seen to be normal obd codes are these the fault codes from the dash /??????????
chilljohn is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 14-08-2007, 15:48
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Norfolk
Car: MG TF 160 in Trophy Yellow
Posts: 47,846
Petevick is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 11:26 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilljohn View Post
where are you getting these codes from they dont seen to be normal obd codes are these the fault codes from the dash /??????????
Yes from the dashboard screen when you press the trip reset button, I have several items not working, cruise, reverse sensors, rain sensor & the airbag light on, I was hoping these codes would point in the direction to cure some of these problems, I have cheaked all the fuses, as well as the micro switches at the top of the brake & clutch pedals, the wiring all seems to be ok as far as i can see.
andyx is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 11:44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dartford/Gravesend, Kent
Car: R75 Conn Se 2.5l Auto 2001 and R75 2.5 Conn SE Tourer Auto 2002
Posts: 1,505
When a 75 starts giving weird electrical problems there are a couple of things to check ASAP and I mean ASAP cos the longer you leave things the more expensive it can get.

1/ Check the plenum drains are clear and that your ECU is not getting drowned. If there is water in the plenum clear it out ASAP.

2/ If you have any electrical equipment in the boot (Sat Nav/CD player etc) check the spare wheel well for wet or damp. If it is wet dry out immediately and trace leak. Most likely to be rear light cluster sealing rubbers or the fixing holes for the chrome side trims. Damp electric kit has been known to cause all sorts of weird problems.

If neither of those turn up anything then you could try a battery disconnect reboot. This involves disconnecting the battery for about 10/15 minutes and then reconnecting. This has the efffect of forcing all the cars onboard computors to boot up from scratch. Bit like when Microsoft Windows gets its knickers twisted.

BEFORE DISCONNECTING MAKE SURE THAT THE SAT NAV IS SHUT DOWN PROPERLEY AND THAT YOU HAVE THE RADIO CODE.

HTH
David3807 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 11:58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Notts
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 2,236
ahh thought so , thouse codes are meaninless i am afraid and will not help you in your dearch , every dash has sim if nothte same errors and as far as i know no one knows the reson

as above check you drain

as for the air bag light youll prob just need to play with the connectors under the saet (yellow and blue) dissconnect and reconct a few times to clean the contacts up (after disconecting the batt and waiting for 10 mins)


as for your reverse sensors do the emit a beep at all ? if not check the reverse lights are on , if not it will be the 8ish switch on hte gear box needs swopping , if you get a long error tone leave the car in reverse and listen to each sensor on hte bu,per they shud tick if one dosent its dead or hte wireing though to the boot is chaffed

hope you get it sorted if not come back and well try and help

Last edited by chilljohn; 15-08-2007 at 12:03.
chilljohn is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 12:30 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petevick View Post
Cheers, they are all "P" codes though & do not relate to mine, Andy
andyx is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 12:34 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3807 View Post
When a 75 starts giving weird electrical problems there are a couple of things to check ASAP and I mean ASAP cos the longer you leave things the more expensive it can get.

1/ Check the plenum drains are clear and that your ECU is not getting drowned. If there is water in the plenum clear it out ASAP.

2/ If you have any electrical equipment in the boot (Sat Nav/CD player etc) check the spare wheel well for wet or damp. If it is wet dry out immediately and trace leak. Most likely to be rear light cluster sealing rubbers or the fixing holes for the chrome side trims. Damp electric kit has been known to cause all sorts of weird problems.

If neither of those turn up anything then you could try a battery disconnect reboot. This involves disconnecting the battery for about 10/15 minutes and then reconnecting. This has the efffect of forcing all the cars onboard computors to boot up from scratch. Bit like when Microsoft Windows gets its knickers twisted.

BEFORE DISCONNECTING MAKE SURE THAT THE SAT NAV IS SHUT DOWN PROPERLEY AND THAT YOU HAVE THE RADIO CODE.

HTH
Cheers I have already cheaked the plenum & it is bone dry, & the drain is clear, the boot is also dry, I will try the reboot though, sadly I did not get the radio code with the car, the previous owner was a carless peasant & lost everything including the spare keys. Andy
andyx is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 12:43 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Car: Rover 75
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilljohn View Post
ahh thought so , thouse codes are meaninless i am afraid and will not help you in your dearch , every dash has sim if nothte same errors and as far as i know no one knows the reson

as above check you drain

as for the air bag light youll prob just need to play with the connectors under the saet (yellow and blue) dissconnect and reconct a few times to clean the contacts up (after disconecting the batt and waiting for 10 mins)


as for your reverse sensors do the emit a beep at all ? if not check the reverse lights are on , if not it will be the 8ish switch on hte gear box needs swopping , if you get a long error tone leave the car in reverse and listen to each sensor on hte bu,per they shud tick if one dosent its dead or hte wireing though to the boot is chaffed

hope you get it sorted if not come back and well try and help
Cheers will cheak the leads, wild goose codes, what is the point! What a bunch of ratbags wasting time & building up false hope!!!!!!!!!!!
andyx is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 13:20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dartford/Gravesend, Kent
Car: R75 Conn Se 2.5l Auto 2001 and R75 2.5 Conn SE Tourer Auto 2002
Posts: 1,505
Have you got a Fuel Burning Heater (FBH).

Box situated somewhere around the battery area. Sorry cant be more specific (Cos I have a petrol car) .

These have been known to cause odd problems when they fail. Think you can just disconnect it to see if that cures the problem.
David3807 is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-08-2007, 14:38
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Car: Rover 75 CDTI Con SE, EGR Bypass, Air intake MOD, 6000k HID kit, Synergy, Bulgarian Dashboard kit
Posts: 696
Similar trouble

I am following all elec threads due to my own ongoing probs, have done all the same checks as you, no joy either. I got an email of the FBH pic from Steve. collier2. See attached. Hope it helps.
Sherodub is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MG-Rover.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rover 75 2.0 V6 - DTC Fault Codes KevG MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 27 19-02-2011 17:37
Rover 75 Fault codes dsouzac MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 2 21-06-2009 11:56
Rover 600 diesel fault codes gusnjus Diesel Forum! 3 04-07-2007 18:30
Rover 75 CDT Fault codes Will MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 1 23-06-2006 22:44
Rover 620si Abs fault codes theblob Rover 600 2 28-12-2003 11:35

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome