Installing TOAF - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 197 (permalink) Old 18-04-2016, 11:55

Car: Rover 75
Read other topic I answered, as I know Marek or Marcin should can do this for you, ask at FB toaf page, you need vin number from your bcu, 6 digit code from your keys which you want to add remote(photo in second topic).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 197 (permalink) Old 25-04-2016, 13:41 Thread Starter

Finally after 10 days my VAG lead arrived from UK, soldered the pins together and out to the car. Automatically installed the VAG driver after disregarding the non-Microsoft warning and TOAF opened without any further fuss.

Read and cleared some faults, then on to the BCU. Back-up first. My RHD tourer BCU is now LHD, my window switches are no longer reversed, no more faults from the rear wiper which I don’t have (disabled), rear demister (disabled), didn’t quite get the single click entry to work as it opens only the front doors with one click. I’ll have to have another look later.

But all together a very easy to use programme and a huge thanks to the Poles for doing this. I have previously made a contribution as I felt it only right to do so considering the benefit to us all.

I’ll now spread word to our Rover Club of Sweden and make even more people happy.

Thanks again
Shawn, longer86 and skeleboy like this.
post #23 of 197 (permalink) Old 25-04-2016, 13:49

Car: Rover 75 CDT
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse v8 View Post
Finally after 10 days my VAG lead arrived from UK, soldered the pins together and out to the car. Automatically installed the VAG driver after disregarding the non-Microsoft warning and TOAF opened without any further fuss.

Read and cleared some faults, then on to the BCU. Back-up first. My RHD tourer BCU is now LHD, my window switches are no longer reversed, no more faults from the rear wiper which I don’t have (disabled), rear demister (disabled), didn’t quite get the single click entry to work as it opens only the front doors with one click. I’ll have to have another look later.

But all together a very easy to use programme and a huge thanks to the Poles for doing this. I have previously made a contribution as I felt it only right to do so considering the benefit to us all.

I’ll now spread word to our Rover Club of Sweden and make even more people happy.

Thanks again

Good news ,so ;and thanks for the feed back ;i'm waiting for my chinese cable

Mike

Last edited by FrenchMike; 25-04-2016 at 14:39.

post #24 of 197 (permalink) Old 25-04-2016, 15:21

Car: ZT-T remapped to 160 using map from my old car ;)
Red face

Quote:

Thanks again
That's a great story!
I actually read it out to my wife and told her of your back story and the T4 over a distance saga.
I'm really pleased to read that Thanks!
Its what its all about.
post #25 of 197 (permalink) Old 25-04-2016, 15:54 Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I love a happy beginning .....

French Mike: Hope the Chinese cable turns up soon, I was beginning to wonder if mine was really sourced in China, 10 days UK to Sweden!

Shawn: You mentioned the Remote T4. The innovator installed the necessary software on my windows machine using Teamviewer, which we also used in the background for communication e.g. rev the engine up to 3,000 rpm, re-starting the T4 (a lot of those). A brilliant idea in its day, but sadly received little support.

I suppose Teamviewer could also be used for TOAF, for complicated things or things I wouldn't dare to do and would prefer paying someone qualified to do. I was thinking of our friend genpk in Perth who was on about programming key fobs. Or re-maps perhaps.

Any thoughts?

Regards
post #26 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 08:15

TOAF is as simple as possible, You can also ask at FB fanpage, where you receive fast reply for your question, there are four of us to answer almost all the time via messanger from smartphones.

Team Viewer is common tool ask about what You would like to do , I think that there will be no problem to connect and do things
skeleboy likes this.
post #27 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 10:13 Thread Starter

Thanks, appreciate that it is as simple as possible. I'm not really the right generation for FB but my daughter has an account which I guess I could borrow if I'm desperate.

I'll have another look at TOAF later today and try and figure out why the single click option doesn't open all the doors. Should it?

Oh and another positive thing, I've disabled speed locking.

Great programme, much appreciated.
post #28 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 12:52

Quote:
Thanks, appreciate that it is as simple as possible. I'm not really the right generation for FB but my daughter has an account which I guess I could borrow if I'm desperate.

I'll have another look at TOAF later today and try and figure out why the single click option doesn't open all the doors. Should it?

Oh and another positive thing, I've disabled speed locking.

Great programme, much appreciated.
Maybe this issue is not fixed yet, try to do it not active just switched logic "not activ" = active

function works ok

I am waiting when chinese Friends starts selling not INPA Interface cable but TOAF interface cable
post #29 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 13:41

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
Maybe this issue is not fixed yet, try to do it not active just switched logic "not activ" = active

function works ok

I am waiting when chinese Friends starts selling not INPA Interface cable but TOAF interface cable

This one ordered:

VAGCOM USB KKL Cable For AUDI Volkswagen OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner FT | eBay?

I'll tell you how it works ...

A little question :can we check / control the 3 speeds of the cooling fan ?

Mike

Last edited by FrenchMike; 26-04-2016 at 14:46.
post #30 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post

...A little question :can we check / control the 3 speeds of the cooling fan ?

Mike
YESSS!

Go to Engine tab, then control, fan, there will be slider...

set slider where you want and hit start. Fan should start at desire speed...

Slider set about 0-30% 1 speed
31-60% 2 speed
61-100% 3 speed
post #31 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
YESSS!

Go to Engine tab, then control, fan, there will be slider...

set slider where you want and hit start. Fan should start at desire speed...

Slider set about 0-30% 1 speed
31-60% 2 speed
61-100% 3 speed

GREAT,i'm going to speak about TOAF on the french Forum

Last edited by FrenchMike; 26-04-2016 at 15:30.
post #32 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 15:37

Car: mgzt190+,mgztcdti+mgzr105,kawasaki zx6r
Longer 86. any news on the fold down door mirrors when put in reverse gear?
post #33 of 197 (permalink) Old 26-04-2016, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith8000_0 View Post
Longer 86. any news on the fold down door mirrors when put in reverse gear?
How mamy rover/ mg cars did you saw with this feature?

We have spoke about that at our forum and the results are as below...
If BMW e46 is equal to rover/mg...
You need seats with memory(with SMAC module)
Our mirrors have 4 or 5 leads (heating and control) 2 extra leads when folded...
Same situation is in BMW, if mirrors are able to dip down she reverse they have 11 pins.
7 as above + extra leads to fold down.
I think to servomotors.

Did you know, when you have memory seats , when you choose settings, 1 , 2 or 3... Are mirrors settings too?
When yes, probably they have servomotors.

Following this there is procedure described at BMW forums, that you have to choose passanger mirror at the windows switch bla bla bla...
You have to interrogate your friend with this feature
About seats and mirrors, or try to use all BMW stuff from mirrors, but prices are to high to experiments
post #34 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 09:55

I've got the latest TOAF version installed on my Win 10 PC (I don't know if TOAF works on WIN 10 or will I need to install virtual machine (VM) and run Win XP pro in there!

My cable arrived but I cant make head nor tail on how to go about installing it on my pc even reading the meagre instructions on the installation disc make no sense.
post #35 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 12:57 Thread Starter

As a very long term Mac user I can't advise on Windows, but noticed that an earlier poster Picky737 tried TOAF on two machines, windows xp & 7, he managed to get it working on the XP.

Mine installed the VAG driver software automatically on my ancient XP, after the usual Microsoft warning, can't remember if I had the ignition switched on at the time or not. I had download the TOAF drivers and placed them on the XP desktop but as far as I know they weren't used.

I didn't make any changes to the Port settings and TOAF just worked (could almost imagine it's Mac based!).

Good luck
post #36 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 13:16

Quote:
As a very long term Mac user I can't advise on Windows, but noticed that an earlier poster Picky737 tried TOAF on two machines, windows xp & 7, he managed to get it working on the XP.

Mine installed the VAG driver software automatically on my ancient XP, after the usual Microsoft warning, can't remember if I had the ignition switched on at the time or not. I had download the TOAF drivers and placed them on the XP desktop but as far as I know they weren't used.

I didn't make any changes to the Port settings and TOAF just worked (could almost imagine it's Mac based!).

Good luck
I'll have to have a good look through some threads & gen up on the subject as much as I can when I've got time, unfortunately I've got other pressing jobs on the car to take care of first, I know just enough to get me into or out of trouble with PC's depending on how you look at it
post #37 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 16:10 Thread Starter

Went out today and tried TOAF for the second time. The xp machine wanted the VAG drivers again, which it got, and I noticed that I’m now using com port 5 for some reason.

The one click still only opens the front two doors, tried changing from enable to disable and back but no difference.

I’m able to read all modules except the engine, a message appears at the bottom of TOAF, engine module not found or something similar. Tried with the engine running but no difference. Restarted the computer but still no contact with the engine module. All other modules e.g. ipk, srs, bcu, lsm communicating.

Ideas please?
post #38 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 16:56

Car: ZT-T remapped to 160 using map from my old car ;)
Have you updated from .40 to .43?
post #39 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 17:30 Thread Starter

Yes, Shawn running 43.

Quite busy at the moment doing a write-up for our local Rover Club of Sweden magazine, Swedish is a tough language but easier than using Windows!

Mike
post #40 of 197 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 18:57

Quote:
Yes, Shawn running 43.

Quite busy at the moment doing a write-up for our local Rover Club of Sweden magazine, Swedish is a tough language but easier than using Windows!

Mike
Vitesse v8, what Engine do you have?