Installing TOAF - Page 3 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #41 of 196 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 21:07 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 75
Hi Longer86 my engine is a 2lt (2000) V6, same year too. The engine's EMU / EWS & transponders were changed a few years back and as such non-standard, don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. Otherwise the car has run fine for 2 to 3 years with this configuration.

Your thoughts please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 196 (permalink) Old 27-04-2016, 22:13

what with SRS module is TOAF connecting with it?
post #43 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 10:10

Are there any plans in the pipeline for a "How to install/use TOAF for dummies" you tube video. I'm being told conflicting instructions, I & two other Rover 75 enthusiasts mates would love to see it explained. Will TOAF run on any other Window OS's! Does it have to be a dedicated XP laptop/PC to be able to use TOAF or can you install/use TOAF in virtual Machine mode & use it that way! also the question about which cable to use, it's amazing taking to other people who have no idea which one & how to install it on their PC's so it can communicate with TOAF. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

post #44 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 10:20 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
what with SRS module is TOAF connecting with it?
Went out to the car again this morning, (cold at 0 degs), I first ran TOAF scan car, the top box is empty but then the IKE, EWS, BCU, LSM all report VIN and Odometer.

Ran the SRS, all airbags, tensioners appear in the top window but the bottom window with Name & Value is strange. The first line Nr says YWC107090 and the producer is Teves.

Rimmers say YWC107090 is the control unit for the alarm, and I expected to see the name "temic" as it's an early car.

Regards
post #45 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 11:15

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Temic and Teves are both part of Continental AG, and have operated as a single company for about 5 years.
post #46 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 11:58 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Car View Post
Temic and Teves are both part of Continental AG, and have operated as a single company for about 5 years.
Interesting, but back when my car was made in 2000? Still find the part number pointing to the alarm module strange.

But thanks for the info.
post #47 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 13:06

Car: 54 Conny 1.8T BRG
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeleboy View Post
Will TOAF run on any other Window OS's! Does it have to be a dedicated XP laptop/PC to be able to use TOAF or can you install/use TOAF in virtual Machine mode & use it that way! also the question about which cable to use, it's amazing taking to other people who have no idea which one & how to install it on their PC's so it can communicate with TOAF. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
I purchased this CABLE it does work and arrived one day after ordering ,just solder a wire between pins 7 and 8. I've tried it on two laptops and XP works fine but had no luck with Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.
skeleboy likes this.
post #48 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 14:18

Firstly, I have win vista 32bit and is ok, Marek works on win 10. And I ok too.
My friend using Lenovo tab with win 10 and works ok same as on older versions like XP.

In toaf download section there are no ftdi drivers. Search it by google. They are free to download and you can choose win version you have.

That's not complicated.

To vitesse
If toaf reading srs it also should connect with ecu. Using same pin 7 to this modules.

To connect with engine ecu you need to have key in position 2. Did you?

To posts above...
No, toaf dont need vm or dedicated PC, toaf is simple app, installation is just some kind of unrar, no windows registry keys or something like that, you have to choose folder where you would like have toaf. And start to using it

Cable issue... Was writen so many times, here, at our site, at fb, at zt&75 and at our polish forum. I don't understand why people still asking about that... We dont want to start selling cables tested by us with name toaf on it...
This will be trading, we dont want to. So one more time Bmw INPA Ediabas cable or vag kkl cable... If not working connect pin 7 and 8 together.
skeleboy likes this.

Last edited by longer86; 28-04-2016 at 14:26.
post #49 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 14:34 Thread Starter

Longer86: Yes had the key in position two, and even tried with the engine running. Perhaps the problem is because of mis-matches in some of my modules. I haven't got any problems with the car (touch wood) and am quite happy with the changes I've been able to make to the BCU.

Thanks
post #50 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 15:36

Car: Rover 75 v6 2.0 and MG ZR 105
I bought this cable with a serial connector , BMW INPA EDIABAS interface UK GT1 DIS SSS Progman SERIAL CABLE | eBay
My laptop is running XP , and Toaf connected and worked immediately No soldering or drivers were required ; it just worked , and read my ABS fault which I am trying to solve . Here is the readout as a sample :

05- wheel sensor rear right
Errors count:255
Vehicle speed - 64 km/h
ASC passive
Abs control passive
Stop light switch off
ASC control passive

Just got to figure out what it all means now !Well pleased so far .
skeleboy likes this.
post #51 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 16:25

Car: Rover 75 CDT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I bought this cable with a serial connector , BMW INPA EDIABAS interface UK GT1 DIS SSS Progman SERIAL CABLE | eBay
My laptop is running XP , and Toaf connected and worked immediately No soldering or drivers were required ; it just worked , and read my ABS fault which I am trying to solve . Here is the readout as a sample :

05- wheel sensor rear right
Errors count:255
Vehicle speed - 64 km/h
ASC passive
Abs control passive
Stop light switch off
ASC control passive

Just got to figure out what it all means now !Well pleased so far .
Chris,already TOAF direct you towards the rear right corner.
now,you have to know if it's a static or dynamic issue:

Mike
post #52 of 196 (permalink) Old 28-04-2016, 17:41

Car: Rover 75 v6 2.0 and MG ZR 105
Thanks , Mike .
post #53 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 08:57

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I've just encountered TOAF and I'm very curious about it. I have just ordered a cable from Asia and I'm still waiting for it.
Meanwhile, one thing I'd like to do on my car is to cancel the automatic demister switch-on function.
Could anyone please give a brief step-by step how-to to carry out this. (i.e which module to enter and such).

/Mikael, Sweden
post #54 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 10:22 Thread Starter

Welcome - nice to see you here.

My rear automatic rear demister is now disabled. Basically, once you're up and running with TOAF select the BCU, read, then save (there is an auto back-up function in the programme), from the menu select the demister and click disable, save and then you're done.

Sorry no photobucket or similar account so can't do pictures on here but will send you one by mail.

Regards
post #55 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse v8 View Post

My rear automatic rear demister is now disabled. Basically, once you're up and running with TOAF select the BCU, read, then save (there is an auto back-up function in the programme), from the menu select the demister and click disable, save and then you're done.

Sorry no photobucket or similar account so can't do pictures on here but will send you one by mail.

Regards
Is it possible to reset the temperature that it comes on at? ( say 2 or 3 degrees?)
Mike
post #56 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 10:31

Car: ZT-T remapped to 160 using map from my old car ;)
Quote:

Regards
I use this:TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
No account needed
post #57 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 11:23

Thanks a lot. I think I'll mange then. After all I have plenty of time to look around, waiting for my cable. Still learning. I just don't want to do something stupid that will compromise my motor.
For example this warning;

under no circumstances
select the option to syncronise DDE /DME with EWS.

If you do it will result in your car being unable to start, with no means of recourse using this software..........

(Found on another forum.) Is this warning relevant?
post #58 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 11:28 Thread Starter

Shawn: thanks, might well try that as pictures do help. (just tried, not for me too weird, flashing pages they want you to visit and somehow re-directed me to the Apple App store). God knows where my uploaded BCU image has gone now.

Mike T: don't think it's possible to regulate the temperature but if I'm wrong someone will soon correct me. 2 or 3 degrees would be a much more sensible option though (much like it is here today).

Regards

Last edited by vitesse v8; 29-04-2016 at 11:37.
post #59 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 11:35

Quote:
Shawn: thanks, might well try that as pictures do help.

Mike T: don't think it's possible to regulate the temperature but if I'm wrong someone will soon correct me. 2 or 3 degrees would be a much more sensible option though (much like it is here today).

Regards
This is not possible for now and I don't know it will be...
post #60 of 196 (permalink) Old 29-04-2016, 12:30

Car: ZT-T remapped to 160 using map from my old car ;)
Since there are a few people struggling to get it to work with newer computers I dragged out my OLD windows 10 netbook. Its about 3 years old but I updated it to windows 10 because I like to keep up to date.
BUT there is no dedicated driver for it so it uses a generic 800x600 display.
(I hate windows)

So the install went fine,the cable when plugged in went and got its drivers online automatically and it shows in device manager as functioning properly.
But then I couldn't get past this problem:-
I can't get the window to fit the screen so can't hit connect.
It does show up on com port 4 so looks all set to go.
[IMG][/IMG]