Looking for advice on Android 2xdin stereos - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 17-03-2017, 15:17 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
Looking for advice on Android 2xdin stereos

Hi, my Conny SE tourer i bought last summer has a crumby Sony CD player in it and i have been looking to replace it with something that can not only handle my phone via BT but also with GPS as i currently use my mobile and i hate having mounts suction cupped to the windscreen lol.

several years ago i bought a chinese 2xdin all singing and dancing stereo and it was terrible so before laying out a couple of hundred on a stereo i thought i would ask if any other Rover owners have used either of the two stereos i am looking at.

Android 5.1 Car Radio DAB+ Sat Nav DVD BMW E46 Rover 75 Can-bus 3062GB | eBay

UK stock 9" BMW E46 Rover 75 HD Android 5.1 Car Head Unit Satnav DAB+ OBD 4906GB | eBay

The second is the one i am leaning toward but i really wanted to have a DVD/CD player in it too.

Any opinions/advice would be amazing as i am getting on the wifes nerves humming and arr'ing over whether to buy or not
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-03-2017, 11:16
Supporter

Car: Rover 75
Ive just bought the first one you listed. Thus far seems a petty good system for the money.
Unlike my other units I can actually use the mini USB plug on the front of the unit to charge my iPhone
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-03-2017, 11:37

Car: MG ZT
Hi Genpk,

I'm also looking for a unit. What sort of wiring do you have? Do your steering wheel controls work?

https://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4771592590

That's my wiring

Thanks

Matt

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-03-2017, 20:03 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
Good to know thanks Genpk, think I will order it after weekend
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-03-2017, 11:57

Car: Rovers - 75's, 600 & 25
I know most will have heard of these, and may or may not have views about them, but I have Navall 1's fitted to my 75's for a few years now... bought each one second hand and love them.. I won't (at the moment) fit anything else..

and obviously I got them through one of the "other" 75 forums..

Kev
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-03-2017, 12:49
Supporter

Had time to evaluate the Edison 2 din and gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it this far.
I also have two of the earlier Naval type units and whilst there good, there was always a couple issues which bugged me such as having to use the Aiux mode for Tv
and the mini USB jack wouldn't charge with iPhones etc
The Erisin unit seems to have rectified all these issues with the added bonus of being able to change to units lighting to one of 4 colours ,as it's in my Zt, is already loaded with an Mg boot up logo as well.
The navigation that came with the unit (Igo primo) is good but one issue that I have not figured out as yet is the.navigation voice volume level is a little low against the radio volume when driving but there is a panel with adjustments but not used it yet.
The sound system is amazing and is a cut above any of the other units I have.
As mentioned, the unit is a little different wiring wise than the other units ( to get good radio reception you need to connect the Antenna wire to the cars powered aerial antenna) but steering wheel controls just wire straight to the cars existing steering wires as the interface is in the unit.
The best part is it's probably the cheapest 2 din out there but thus far I'm impressed!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 23-03-2017, 08:26

Car: Rovers - 75's, 600 & 25
Oh cool... I will have a look at the Edison 2 din units then.. see what they are all about etc..

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 21:17
Supporter

Think I meant "Erisin" damn spell check!!