MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Looks like new TOAF is nearly here!

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Shawn 
#1 ·
With re-sizeable window.:wink:

#3 ·
Was doing a bit of work with TOAF today re sorting out the wipers.
The one wipe and wash (pull the stalk back) wasnt working so had a look in the wipers section. While there was a few on/off options for various wiper functions,on the single wipe/wash one there was no options except for a default value listed as 3.
Not sure what that meant but noticed anything else in the wiper area that was activated had a default of 36,changed it to that but didnt seem to do anything.
Eventually got it working, more to do with the stalk in the steering column I think!!

#7 ·
Just as a matter of interest, just like to say what a great tool TOAF is,especially for us owners out on the other side of the planet.
As a point, had a fault in the reversing sensors on my 75 doer upper.
According to all the info I could find could have been a number of things as the was a longish high beep when selecting reverse but no sensors appeared to be working.
Forums suggest you put your ear down to the sensor and if you here a faint clicking the sensor is working.
Did that, all the sensors were clicking.Checked wirig,sensor unit etc, thought id try TOAF, under the PDF module,errors came up faulty right rear sensor !!!
Sure enough,pulled the bumper off and it was the right rear sensor !!!
While I had the bumper of did sealed up the infamous leaky air vents and also the tail light seals.
For the info of those interested ,if the reverse is engaged and one or more of the sensors are duff,you get a long high pitched sound out of the sounder but no working sensors, when its working properly and you engage reverse you get a short lower pitched sound for a short time and then silence.
Found a good way to test them if your by yourself and you have a garage with automatic door,close the door when its close to the car !!

#8 ·
I dumped the reverse system on my old car because at £15 for a secondhand sensor and £25 for a T4 diagnosis to find out which one it was,it just wasn't worth it when an aftermarket system was only £11.
Those bad old days are gone for most but I saw someone the other week who was a Newbie wanting his auto-locking switching off and people were still telling him to go get it T4'ed and pay for the privilege.:frown:

#16 ·
fredup napisał/a:
Is the new TOAF going on general release?

Slowly we'll finish...

fredup napisał/a:
If it is do you have a release date?

Traditionally, the first in April :)

fredup napisał/a:
Worrying Facebook questions are going unanswered.

Seriously? We try to reply on the fly.

Cheers,
Looks like some good news.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.