My new project arrives .. A Mk11 MG ZXT-T 1.8t. - Page 11 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
post #201 of 203 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 00:45 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
MoT Passed ... now my daily driver.

Good news. After being inactive on SORN since October 2015 due to a range of issues whilst being repaired, this car is now up and running very nicely and passed the MoT today.

So, as well as other smaller renewals, new clutch, clutch slave cylinder and above all, low mileage MG6 1.8t engine which by an amazing coincidence, I actually drove the donor car before it was rolled and written off, job 99% done. I bought a set of front and rear discs and pads for it a year ago and only fitted the fronts back then. Weather permitting, I will fit the new rear discs and pads tomorrow as the originals although not worn, have suffered from lack of use corrosion issues. Still work but, not nice to know the poor cosmetic shape they're in with signs of irregular wear scoring on discs.

That MG6 engine pulls very nicely. The car drives like a new one. It is currently on 18" Hairpins ( refurbished ) with new NEXEN rubber all round. These will be sold. Replaced with refurbished GRIDspokes with new UNIROYAL Rainsport 3s all round. Have Rainsports on two of the family cars, an MG ZS with 17" and a Rover 620ti also on 17". I like these Rainsport tyres. Suits my driving style all aspects.

280 VED is a bit of a body blow. Thanks to the clueless we entrust to our environment and our well being taking EU emission guidelines as gospel with grossly unfair bias against petrol.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 203 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:51

Car: MGF
Nice work John. It's been very enjoyable reading about this 'new project' ZXT.

So, what shall be your next project?
post #203 of 203 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 12:08 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog73 View Post
Nice work John. It's been very enjoyable reading about this 'new project' ZXT.

So, what shall be your next project?
Thanks mowog.

Next, I'm going to take a breather and give my old joints and bones a welcome break. That is immediately following fitting nice new rear brake discs and pads to this car later today. Then I shall enjoy driving it.

Did about forty miles yesterday after the MoT pass. It's even nicer to drive than I hoped it would be.

I shall use the car as a dialy driver and that should show me what else may need attention.

I had the Fuel Consumption up on the Instrument Display as I drove the car yesterday. It started out @ 7mpg ( OUCH! ) and, following the Test pass, after a ten mile brisk run down the Motorway @ 65-70 mph, I was pleased to see the MPG reading rise to a more realistic 26 mpg! That's better .. I expect that will improve if my will power allows... that turbo boost is a tad addictive and does little for higher miles to the gallon.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......