MG-Rover.org Forums banner

New to a 75 - after help with a key issue

526 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  david.anthony 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I have had for about 7 years a 45 with a pair of lucas two button remotes and separate keys ..... nice and easy!

I now have just bought an '05 Mk2 75 1.8T as well. It has a BMW / Mini type key with built in buttons and a Philips immobiliser chip ... but I only have one.

As per a few posts I have seen on here I am trying to get the definitive way to get an additional key sorted. I have a new key housing with a cut blade that can be swapped around. The key has an immobiliser chip in there and a circuit board too with a new battery but the remote functions don't work so it will unlock the car putting the key in the door but that's it.

I am assuming that either i have to take the car and key to someone with a T4 or wondered if maybe it can be done remotely just from the car and the VIN or something like that? I have read you can get a key from X-Part but that you need a mortgage for it so was wondering what anyone out there in the know on 75's would suggest.

Thanks a lot. Andy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.