TOAF worry ye not! - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
post #21 of 523 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 17:03

Car: 2004 MG ZT+ CDTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith8000_0 View Post
Well i acquired a copy of the 1st release of Toaf.. connects to the car instantly.. . Had a play with some features after backing up. I have turned off the rear demist when under 10 degrees. and enabled the key in ignition gong.. read all ecus etc, and checked injector imbalance. One touch up windows seems to be a non starter, as it does require the sensors to be fitted,, and to find a sensor for the passenger door is gonna be tough.. Unless there is some simple "short" fix to fool the bcu into thinking its got sensors fitted.. Still waiting for the updated copy of the software..
What USB cable did you use? Would like to get one in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 523 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 17:41

Car: mgzt190+,mgztcdti+mgzr105,kawasaki zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
A long time since i bought mine,, but an FTDI Cable with the FT232 Chip inside is what you need, so this should be it....

VAG 409.1 USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD Compatible VCDS-LITE FTDI | eBay
post #23 of 523 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 12:20
Supporter

Car: Rover 75
I gave them a donation but thus far cant see any link for a download ?!!!

post #24 of 523 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 13:04 Thread Starter

Car: ZT-T remapped to 160 using map from my old car ;)
I think there may have been a few problems with delivery,I've just been speaking to someone who said he couldn't believe how small the program was so I got him to send me it. Turned out to be a 1kb text file of some settings so where the rest of it went we don't know
Could be why its eerily quiet I thought it was because hardly anyone had ordered cables in advance.
post #25 of 523 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 15:01

The Toaf file is made up of 4 parts.. Languages..142kb.. live data..2kb..configuration settings ..1kb..and the TOAF application at 918kb.... I made the donation but didnt recieve from the polish, i got it elsewhere.. . I messaged the dude on facebook and he said the download on the page will be on in a few days, That was last monday,. also asked about getting coding for powerfolds to respond to remote fobs.. guy seemed interested and asked if i had electric seats,. I was hoping he could fathom some wizardry to make this happen. but again not heard anything since.. Will have to wait and see.. Definately a usefull bit of software...
post #26 of 523 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 22:04

Hi guys is here anybody else who donated and did not received toaf?

It's free so you can email it to friends
post #27 of 523 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 23:53

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
Finally got around to playing with Toaf and I`m very impressed. Its going to take some time for me to digest all thats contained in the package. All positive so far, the police headlights got the highest neighbour curtain twitch count ever and double tap hazard indicators are so coool.
Also had a look at injector / fuel rail pressures, not sure of the numbers but no glaring anomaly’s. The one touch up passenger window did`nt work for me but I dont need that feature.

As I worked through the menus I cleared loads (hundreds) of historical faults, mainly bulbs, and a few modules which I think the car should have dont read on Toaf, will need to spend time investigating.
"Could be why its eerily quiet I thought it was because hardly anyone had ordered cables in advance" Ummmm well i thought my VAG12.12 cable would do - but didnt! so I ordered and got quick delivery of
New USB OBD-II-2 KKL 409.1 OBD2 Cable VAG-COM 409 for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda | eBay
(soldering pins 7&8 together)

Toaf is a brilliant package and we are told is Still a work in progress !
post #28 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:10
Supporter

Just got my download but have not been able to unzip it yet, I need an un zip program also believe you need to change the file from "zi_" to "zip" .The guys reckon there will another update today !!!
I have a program that converts it to an RAR file ? will that do ?
Sorry,im not real computor literate !!!
BTW, thanks to the members who PM'd me! with help! .

Last edited by genpk; 10-04-2016 at 04:41.
post #29 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 06:59
Supporter

Well I think I unzipped the file, changed it to a zip name ,got to the exe file and it started to open with the blue TOAF screen then said somthing about not having the right language and that it was going to close.
Tired opening the language files and non of them wanted to open at all??
Any clues ?
post #30 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Well I think I unzipped the file, changed it to a zip name ,got to the exe file and it started to open with the blue TOAF screen then said somthing about not having the right language and that it was going to close.
Tired opening the language files and non of them wanted to open at all??
Any clues ?
In toaf folder You need to have Language folder to with files containing 2 files, polish and english
post #31 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking218 View Post
Finally got around to playing with Toaf and I`m very impressed. Its going to take some time for me to digest all thats contained in the package. All positive so far, the police headlights got the highest neighbour curtain twitch count ever and double tap hazard indicators are so coool.
Also had a look at injector / fuel rail pressures, not sure of the numbers but no glaring anomaly’s. The one touch up passenger window did`nt work for me but I dont need that feature.

As I worked through the menus I cleared loads (hundreds) of historical faults, mainly bulbs, and a few modules which I think the car should have dont read on Toaf, will need to spend time investigating.
"Could be why its eerily quiet I thought it was because hardly anyone had ordered cables in advance" Ummmm well i thought my VAG12.12 cable would do - but didnt! so I ordered and got quick delivery of
New USB OBD-II-2 KKL 409.1 OBD2 Cable VAG-COM 409 for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda | eBay
(soldering pins 7&8 together)

Toaf is a brilliant package and we are told is Still a work in progress !

yes the one touch passenger window doesnt work, it needs the sensor fitting for the frame.. Non starter really.. unless the sensor can be bypassed somehow.. I switched off the automatic rear demist. and enabled gong for the key being left in the ignition and door opened..
post #32 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:00 Thread Starter

Lets see if we can workout what figures we should be looking at on the injector readout. As someone who knows nothing about this I dare say they should all be about the same and within a certain tolerance.

Just been watching YouTube videos on other diagnostic testing of other cars and its really interesting.
One I watched stated that they should have a tolerance of +/- 4.0
probably totally irrelevant but its early days.
What do you know?

EDIT:- Found this!
Rough Idle - tried lots of things

Only been thinking about this for half an hour and I've worked out that if you have an unacceptable balance problem your first remedy should be to run an injector cleaner in your fuel. Then if this doesn't cure it "I would" swap two injectors around to see if the problem moves. Then you can look at increasing tickover revs or getting the injector refurbished or renewed.
I take no responsibility for any of the above I'm just brain storming!
But at least we have options and can see the results now.

Last edited by Shawn; 10-04-2016 at 10:42.
post #33 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Lets see if we can workout what figures we should be looking at on the injector readout. As someone who knows nothing about this I dare say they should all be about the same and within a certain tolerance.

Just been watching YouTube videos on other diagnostic testing of other cars and its really interesting.
One I watched stated that they should have a tolerance of +/- 4.0
probably totally irrelevant but its early days.
What do you know?

EDIT:- Found this!
Rough Idle - tried lots of things
You have to do test when engine is warm to operating temperatures.
Injectors correction should be less than 2.0. When correction is higher start thinking about regeneration or changing to new one.

Don't care when correction is below 0 for ex. -1.3... Because this injector compensating the one with too high value.
post #34 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:15

Car: 2004 MG ZT+ CDTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Quote:
A long time since i bought mine,, but an FTDI Cable with the FT232 Chip inside is what you need, so this should be it....

VAG 409.1 USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD Compatible VCDS-LITE FTDI | eBay
Thanks - but a bit more searching suggested that I need to solder some pins and perhaps even add a transistor or similar which is well beyond me. Picked up an INPA cable instead, hopefully it'll work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
Hi guys is here anybody else who donated and did not received toaf?

It's free so you can email it to friends
I didn't donate, nor do I have any friends, so I don't have a copy. Hopefully it comes out before my cable arrives or I might have to try to make some?
post #35 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 11:02
Supporter

Finally got it all to work,looks awesome,alot of stuff in there.just waiting for the cable I ordered - OBD2 USB VAG-COM KKL 409.1 Diagnostic Scanner Tool Cable For VW Audi Seat Black
Hope that is the right cable ? and do I need to solder the 2 pins together ??
Anyone know if they ever resolved the issue of allowing people to code the remote part of the keys operation to the BCU ?
Hope one of you learned people out there does a manual for different operations of the program!!!
post #36 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 15:31

If you buy the correct cable you wont have to mod it at all. it will work as soon as the drivers are installed..

and can we compare The TOAF versions?. I have version,, 0.5.00.35 who has a higher version?
post #37 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 15:35 Thread Starter

Quote:
You have to do test when engine is warm to operating temperatures.
Injectors correction should be less than 2.0. When correction is higher start thinking about regeneration or changing to new one.

Don't care when correction is below 0 for ex. -1.3... Because this injector compensating the one with too high value.
Thanks!
post #38 of 523 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 18:24

Latest info..

MaReK working on download page At toaf.roverki.Eu.

For now just in polish version of site, but note that is still inder Construction, please don't try to download files, that's not toaf right files
post #39 of 523 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 09:52
Supporter

Quote:
If you buy the correct cable you wont have to mod it at all. it will work as soon as the drivers are installed..

and can we compare The TOAF versions?. I have version,, 0.5.00.35 who has a higher version?

Ive got version 5.00.35.a.1 if thats any different im not sure!!
post #40 of 523 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 09:57

Quote:
Latest info..

MaReK working on download page At toaf.roverki.Eu.

For now just in polish version of site, but note that is still inder Construction, please don't try to download files, that's not toaf right files
website has files on but not sure the Toaf files are there.. seems to be just drivers?