TOAF worry ye not! - Page 4 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
post #61 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 10:59

Car: mgzt190+,mgztcdti+mgzr105,kawasaki zx6r
anybody else got issues with no live data for injectors, on version 40?. version 035 works.. and fold down mirrors dont operate in reverse?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:08 Thread Starter

Car: ZT-T remapped to 160 using map from my old car ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
As you see there are still some issue to resolve, please register At bugtoaf.roverki.eu and report bugs, this wilk help to resolve this problems, thanks
My friends problems were not bugs but him making mistakes,I've told him to only change settings in BCU and LCM until I get out as we have spare modules for these.

We actually have a full scrap car to practice on and that's why we decided to tune cars ourselves as we had a test bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith8000_0 View Post
anybody else got issues with no live data for injectors, on version 40?. version 035 works.. and fold down mirrors dont operate in reverse?.
My mate said he had no live data either,we thought it might be the 2.85 cables that I knocked up but everything else has worked so far.
post #63 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
My friends problems were not bugs but him making mistakes,I've told him to only change settings in BCU and LCM until I get out as we have spare modules for these.

We actually have a full scrap car to practice on and that's why we decided to tune cars ourselves as we had a test bed

My mate said he had no live data either,we thought it might be the 2.85 cables that I knocked up but everything else has worked so far.
NO. It seems the .40 download has the live data config file missing.. i copied the live data config file from the .35 version, and pasted it into the toaf file in programme files located in computer hard drive.. solved the issue.. just trying to get to the bottom of the non working mirror fold down when put in reverse gear..(electric seats only)

post #64 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:23 Thread Starter

Quote:
NO. It seems the .40 download has the live data config file missing.. i copied the live data config file from the .35 version, and pasted it into the toaf file in programme files located in computer hard drive.. solved the issue.. just trying to get to the bottom of the non working mirror fold down when put in reverse gear..(electric seats only)
They've probably done that on purpose as with no ability to flash an ECU there is no reason why it can't be talked about on the "Unfriendly site"

I was looking forward to taking an ECM read to see how big the file size was and what area it was capturing.
post #65 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:25

Car: Rover 75
Check toaf website for file ddelivedata.ini, should be available for a few minutes, this resolve injectors live data, sorry for this mistake
post #66 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:28

Quote:
Check toaf website for file ddelivedata.ini, should be available for a few minutes, this resolve injectors live data, sorry for this mistake
No dont be sorry. this work is genius!. and we just want to help by reporting back.
post #67 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
They've probably done that on purpose as with no ability to flash an ECU there is no reason why it can't be talked about on the "Unfriendly site"

I was looking forward to taking an ECM read to see how big the file size was and what area it was capturing.
ecu readout probably will be 48KB only tables as in mpps, or 512KB as in galletto.

Quiz:
When this topic will be closed?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...highlight=TOAF
post #68 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 11:42 Thread Starter

Quote:
ecu readout probably will be 48KB only tables as in mpps, or 512KB as in galletto.

Quiz:
When this topic will be closed?

It's there at last - The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums
There was someone the other day asking how he could get his LSM coded and I couldn't believe no one said "TOAF" made me laugh when Brian said BMW scanner That was cheeky!
post #69 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 12:23
Supporter

Hi guys. I'm still a little confused as to what cable I should get (preferably one that works with Win 7) that does not need pins 7&8 connecting. Keith mentioned this one

VAG 409.1 USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD Compatible VCDS-LITE FTDI | eBay

Can I just confirm that this works with Win 7 and needs no additional modding. I'm desperate to order one and start playing, but I just want to be sure I get the right one.

Thanks
post #70 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWMan View Post
Hi guys. I'm still a little confused as to what cable I should get (preferably one that works with Win 7) that does not need pins 7&8 connecting. Keith mentioned this one

VAG 409.1 USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD Compatible VCDS-LITE FTDI | eBay

Can I just confirm that this works with Win 7 and needs no additional modding. I'm desperate to order one and start playing, but I just want to be sure I get the right one.

Thanks
Look for INPA Interface EDIABAS. Every cable will work even At win 7 . You just need to instal ftdi drivers (download from toaf.roverki.eu)
Interface had to have DS2 protocol. If not connecting open interface plug and make a bridge between pin 7 and 8.
That's all .

Remember that some modules need to put keys in position 2. (ignition) to connect
post #71 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 13:21
Supporter

Many thanks and well done on the work. This will be an unbelievable amount of help (frustration ?) and fun for the Rover and MG owners.
post #72 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 14:04

Quote:
Look for INPA Interface EDIABAS. Every cable will work even At win 7 . You just need to instal ftdi drivers (download from toaf.roverki.eu)
Interface had to have DS2 protocol. If not connecting open interface plug and make a bridge between pin 7 and 8.
That's all .

Remember that some modules need to put keys in position 2. (ignition) to connect
seen the info on facebook about the live data files.. are there up to date live data files,? mine is dated
post #73 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 14:37

Quote:
seen the info on facebook about the live data files.. are there up to date live data files,? mine is dated

This info is only about version which is to download from toaf.roverki.eu

I see thats MaReK's did not yet add file to download
As you earlier seen one file from live data is missing to live data work
post #74 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 16:05 Thread Starter

Well I'm home and have backed up my modules,run them through an MD5 checksum and uploaded them into the cloud for safe keeping. Enabled DRL's and disabled rear demister when cold and the 4km/h auto locking that I kept activating on the drive, and locking my wife out with, has been disabled.
There is just so much to look at no wonder they keep finding more things to do.
Its fantastic! Thanks!
post #75 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 22:51

Car: Rover 600
also had a play with it earlier switched off rear demister , tried police lights was curious and set drivers door to one touch and cleared a multitude of error codes plus disabled brake wear alarm, this is a really good piece of software .just have to be careful with it back up everything before changing anything
post #76 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 22:59

Car: Far too many!
Anyone fancy trying pairing the EWS with the DDE?......don't bother your car won't start afterwards

Live data doesn't work, but I do find police headlights amusing if nothing else

Brian
post #77 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 23:00
Supporter

Cannot believe all the absolute garbage on the other site about using TOAF.
Never heard anything at all when the chinese were making all sorts of clones of BMW software really cheap like EWS lite etc As the last poster on another thread said (prior to it being closed down due to a slanging match AGAIN ) if you dont wont to use it dont,if your happy using and have access to a T4 ,great ,alot of people around the world cant find one !!
Really, what would the world be like if micrsoft was the only nanufaturer of conputor??
I understand some people on these sites may derive their incomes by offering certain services on these sites but unfortuately,as technology progresses so does peoples requirement to adapt!!
My rant over,iToaf exists and as it is free i cant see people not using it !!
Valeriu and salabajzer like this.
post #78 of 523 (permalink) Old 13-04-2016, 23:43
Supporter

Now thats what im talking about !!!
,people identifying any bugs in it and contributing it to the forum so the TOAF people can fix it. Hopefully the interface betwwen the EWS and DDE will now get sorted out !!!
post #79 of 523 (permalink) Old 14-04-2016, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Anyone fancy trying pairing the EWS with the DDE?......don't bother your car won't start afterwards

Live data doesn't work, but I do find police headlights amusing if nothing else

Brian
Stop moaning and Read why live data doesn't worked before add a file...
Kenneth thinked and he resolve problem, you trying only to show how bad is TOAF.

If you used galletto that you should know, when connecting to the ecu, it getting in access mode , so after reading it you should turn ignition off and on again. But you just a t4 operator you dont have to know this

Last edited by longer86; 14-04-2016 at 06:12.
post #80 of 523 (permalink) Old 14-04-2016, 08:23 Thread Starter

I wonder if the window sensor can be faked?
Anyone know how it works?
Could a resistor replicate it?
Could the sensor on the drivers side be linked to the passenger side as well to fake a signal.