Top corner of door cards loose - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 26-10-2013, 22:44 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZT 190+
Send a message via MSN to FezzyFox Send a message via Yahoo to FezzyFox Send a message via Skype™ to FezzyFox
Top corner of door cards loose

I have noticed the top, rear most corner (Lock Pin end) of the drivers door card in my ZT is hanging away from the door.

I tried popping it back into the metal clips along the top of the door but after a day or 2 it pops out again.

Would anyone have any suggestions, am i refitting it wrong ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-10-2013, 19:57

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
I would take the door card off, check all the plastic Clip-cup retainers, then replace card.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-10-2013, 21:29 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZT 190+
Send a message via MSN to FezzyFox Send a message via Yahoo to FezzyFox Send a message via Skype™ to FezzyFox
Thanks Cimmarong, but i've had the door cards off before to see what the issue is. All the retaining clips are intact.

It just seems as though it's not staying clipped into the 'Sharp tooth like' metal clips that run just below the window line. I've tried bending them upwards to make the grip tighter.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-10-2013, 18:46

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
One self tapping screw did it for me
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-03-2017, 12:34

Car: CityRover
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
i have problem with top of door cards looseon rover 75 looks like the clips have pulled out of door card and are in the metalon door was thinking of putting self tapper through card into door right at very top in corner but was unsure if there was any mechanism or whatever behind door frame then I saw your comment 'one self tapping screw did it for me' would it be too much to ask if you could mark on diagram exactly where you put the screw???
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-03-2017, 11:09

Car: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
Me too. You can get some chromed cup surrounds and self tappers to make it "posh"!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 18-03-2017, 11:32
Supporter

Car: Rover 75
Having had numerous door cards off for re trimming etc, it appears a couple of things get worn
Firstly the clips do get bent and loose their grip, also the nylon edge off the door trim which pushes down into the clips gets broken at the points where they connect so effectively makes no contact.
I have used a soldering iron to melt the cracked nylon bit back together or get a high temp adhesive which is flexible like a polystyrene (fullerprene) pump a bit into to clip and push the door card back down.