ZT/75 wind noise - MG-Rover.org Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 22:18 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: warrington
Car: MG ZT + CDTi 135 XPG
Posts: 250
Question ZT/75 wind noise

Has anyone else with a ZT/75 had the same problem with wind noise from either the windscreen surround or the A pillars?

The noise isn't a whistle, it's the same type of rapidly moving, "rushing air" noise that the car's cabin fan makes on intermediate level settings. Noise starts from about 35mph and gets noticeably louder at 60mph and by 70mph it's annoying and if cruising at 80-90mph it's loud enough to easily be the only noise you can hear in the car.

The car is booked into the dealer for a couple of days next week for other warranty work so if there is a known problem/fix or tech bulletin I can refer to it would help to get the problem sorted.

Dealer has already 'adjusted' the fit of the front doors by 1mm and wound the rubber bump stops all the way in but the noise hasn't changed.

The 75s and ZTs I test drove definitely didn't have the same problem so I am missing a seal somewhere?

Thanks in advance
terrymac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bucks
Car: Rover 75 V8
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymac
Has anyone else with a ZT/75 had the same problem with wind noise from either the windscreen surround or the A pillars?

The noise isn't a whistle, it's the same type of rapidly moving, "rushing air" noise that the car's cabin fan makes on intermediate level settings. Noise starts from about 35mph and gets noticeably louder at 60mph and by 70mph it's annoying and if cruising at 80-90mph it's loud enough to easily be the only noise you can hear in the car.

The car is booked into the dealer for a couple of days next week for other warranty work so if there is a known problem/fix or tech bulletin I can refer to it would help to get the problem sorted.

Dealer has already 'adjusted' the fit of the front doors by 1mm and wound the rubber bump stops all the way in but the noise hasn't changed.

The 75s and ZTs I test drove definitely didn't have the same problem so I am missing a seal somewhere?

Thanks in advance
There was a problem with early 75's and wind noise from the drivers door seals etc. A tech bulletin was issued some time ago. My car had the work done last year when I reported the problem.

hth

Mike
MikeM is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 12:08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Yorkshire
Car: Chrysler 300c CRD Lux
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
There was a problem with early 75's and wind noise from the drivers door seals etc. A tech bulletin was issued some time ago. My car had the work done last year when I reported the problem.

hth

Mike
Unless it was fixed before i got the car I have never had such a problem

Y
yorky is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 17:33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bucks
Car: Rover 75 V8
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorky
Unless it was fixed before i got the car I have never had such a problem

Y
Probably 'cos cars with Serpents were considered to posh to have problems

Mike
MikeM is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 17:57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North Shields, Tyne & Wear
Car: Tahiti Blue mk3 200
Posts: 724
Send a message via MSN to seringo
was there not a similar problem on the mk3 200s? mine does pretty much the same thing. i got a tech bulletin printed off the net, but can't find the file. something to do with i)the seals, ii)the spacing of the door and frame and iii) something else. i'll try dig out my printed copy, see what that says.
seringo is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MG-Rover.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZT wind noise nwj MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 28 18-11-2006 10:44
zt wind noise stu p MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 50 05-05-2005 14:57
MG ZT Wind Noise ! stu p MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 31 24-08-2004 00:16
Rover 75 / MG ZT excessive wind noise GOODSHARE MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 7 20-08-2004 14:51
ZT Wind Noise smirker MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros) 22 02-12-2002 22:20

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome