MG-Rover.org Forums banner

According to who?

5K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  Phaeton 
#1 ·
I know it's his car & he can do whatever he wants to it, but 'tastefully' maybe to a barrow bot or the apprentice at Halfrauds

MG TF 135 TASTEFULLY MODIFIED NTDWM if you hadn't guessed.

#6 ·
Personally, I do not like it at all. Don't like the centre console mod taking it up over the dash, don't like the spoiler one bit, too much carbon wrap all over the place, not fussed on one wiper blade either. Stripes and such are not my cup of tea although I appreciate some like them. LED tastic on the door sills - yuck. Looks like some chav has had his way with it, pimped it up as much as possible and now wants to sell. Tasteful is a stretch way too far IMHO..........

Oh, the only things I like are the boot tonneau and the red mats and chrome handles. Whilst it looks well cared for, it will only appeal to a few enthusiasts I would imagine.

#8 ·
Sad to see both that car listed for sale and some of the comments. I know its a forum and all and that memories are short, the seller is a long standing member here and I hope he doesn't see this thread as hes one of the nicest, helpful, enthusiasts you could hope to find and I'm sure parting with the car isn't easy.

Its been somewhat returned nearer to standard for the reasons given in the description and it certainly isn't looking as it once did.

Be dull if we all liked the same thing.

#12 ·
I don't have anything against the owner, no matter how nice they are, nor weather he/she is or if they are a long standing member of any community. It'd be dull if we all said "hell yeah, love that car and what he's done to it.....". If someone can't read comments without getting upset, they shouldn't be on a public forum that opens them up to such. I couldn't be less bothered if someone loathed my car or loved it - I love it and that's all that matters to me. I appreciate the owner didn't start the thread, so any negative comments might be hurtful in some way if he did read them. I did say that the owner had obviously cherished the car, but not in the way I would.

Good job we aren't all the same is the bottom line here - that and the fact that we all have differing tastes. There is no right nor wrong, just opinion.....be boring if none of us had the gumption to break from the politically correct "smile and say you like it" kind of routine.

Just my 2c anyway.

#13 ·
As it happens I've been looking for a car, and saw this advertised.
This car has been well looked after mechanically, which counts for more than the stripes in my mind. Have a browse on ebay and gumtree- plenty of cars for sale with short or no MOTs.
"Needs trailered away", but all just need 'a little TLC'. Yes, I bet.
Did I buy this one? No, because I found a low-mile 135 with years test on it and long history of straight advisory-free passes. It also comes with some scuffs and scars, which doesn't trouble me.

The seller of the car in the original post clearly loved tinkering with it, and I think it a bit sad he now needs to part with it. It would be nice to see it go to a good home.

#16 · (Edited)
I really despise these type of threads, if an owner posts up pics for a genuine
opinion then its fair game on the replies and the ribbing they get, but posting
it to slag it off should be left to the members of Barry Boys, it is each to there
own, this guy has spent a fair whack on this car, yeah, not to every ones
taste but no need to go on about it, as I said, if he posted up the pics on here
then he will expect these kind of replies but I HATE these threads, just delete
it as its disrespectful.

#20 ·
Who do you think you are?

what the heck am i reading. i thought this page was well past slagging off other peoples pride and joys.
the owner of the car mentioned has done more for the MG community then whoever Pheaton is.
as for modifying a car.. well MG did a ****e job on the tf so they need fettling to make them nice. after all they have such a great reputation.

as for his tastefully modified car.. want to see mine?
its a limited edtion Abingdon mgf, that has been saved from the scrappies twice now.
turns more heads then most, and you need some balls to drive it about.. so something the op never would do.

#21 ·
my car is my car

People know me and my car, dont care what you say about the car , and to be honest dont care what you say about me , I dont like the lights but its fun and these cars get to much slating as is , i did it to entertain at silverstone glo show show and at the motor meuseum , the car itself you will not find a better mechanically one sorted that is for sale
My health has took a turn for the worse and as such i need to sell, but that is none of your buisiness , its my families and close friends , but it is not something i would wish on my worse enemy
to the OP go crawl back down your worm hole , or are you stuck to far up your own arse to see its not about the cars its about the friends you make

#29 ·
#32 ·
I remember this car from FRL this year, and I thought the rear end mods were fantastic, but now its returned to original for selling.
The car was lit up for the FRL run and it was very eye catching and I may do something similar next year for FRL.
Looking at the mods most of them are pretty good to me, and I love the single wiper mod, boot spoiler is different which gives the car its own personality, even if its not to everyone's taste, I do like spoilers and this one is not that bad.
I am having my own car striped soon, but I am not too keen on the offset stripes, but again they give the car is own uniqueness.
You do have to appreciate the time and money that the op has put unto his car and he has really done great work with his engine and subframes and cooling system. If we all looked after our cars this much then there would be a lot more of them still on the road!
I hope he got a good price for it, and still keeps up coming on to the forum!

Sundance

#34 ·
Nothing like a decisive thread to get the post rate up folks ! :D

Forrest you keep on saving that car bud. :broon:

Highflyer, nice to see you come aboard matey, messaged you about the dash
on ebay, cracking car, load of effort gone into that, and I likes my LED's. :D

#35 ·
Ad hominem you may wish to google that

Thanks guys for making it personal, at least I had the decency to slate the car & not the person,

I also stated it's your money to waste however you wish, as far as I know we still live an a pseudo democracy where there is an element of free speech. So you continue to put on your 1970's go faster stripes & your pretend 1990's fluorescent lights, but it's still a pig's ear & not a silk purse in my eyes.

But it wouldn't be good for us all to be the same, some of you have to be wrong 0:)

#37 ·
i think maybe you should've just apologised for being so judgemental instead of trying to further justify your snark. the owner of the vehicle in question has even commented, but instead of just acknowledging your thoughtlessness and offering a humble "sorry", you're continuing to back yourself further into a corner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.