Air filter change - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-04-2007, 23:02 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF 160 Trophy Blue
Air filter change

Hello all! Want to change my air filter from the paper one to a cotton or foam. Don't fancy an induction kit as it's mega money to get a decent enclosed system but fancied getting a direct replacement from K&n or green (cotton choice) or pipercross (foam) anyone got any advice / experience of which is better. I've had pipercross before but can't decide and would like some help... pretty please.
On a different note anyone see the news about the five people jailed for life over the UK bomb plot?? I went to school with one of them, was in a few classes, and worked with him in 2 different jobs. He used to be a nice bloke and a good laugh what is the world coming too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 30-04-2007, 23:26

Car: MGF Trophy 160, MG ZS180
Don't think K&N make one for the TF airbox, Green or ITG.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:43

Car: MG TF Anniversary Edition #869 of 1600
Send a message via MSN to PERRY-MGTF Send a message via Skype™ to PERRY-MGTF
I have fitted the Pipercross panel filter.
No chnage in noise, power or anything....and no change in filters in every service too....
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:02
Administrator

Car: MG TF 135 Platinum Silver, Skoda Roomster
Garages
I looked into this and concluded that the 30 or so for a panel filter would buy a lot of OEM filters.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:07

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Send a message via MSN to slashformayor
If i were to use a panel filter i have heard good things fro mthe ITG ones. I think BMC do them too and are highly rated.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:12

Car: Astra Twintop CDTi
I have a RAMair filter on my F, a little more induction noise from around 4k rpm (its a VVC) and an improvement in throttle response but no real feeling of power increase. Might feel better with a sports exhaust but my exhaust is standard so I cannot comment on this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:36

Car: MG TF 135
I have the pipercross filter in mine and TBH i did feel some improvement in power and noise for a couple of months.

However since i have relocated my air intake to the side vent this seems to have dropped off. can only assume that it's got dirty so i will clean it and see if it makes a difference.

I drove my OH's the weekend and hers seems to pick up more than mine at present which i can only put down to a new filter on a recent service. Hers is the same as mine.