Aux input for 2001 MGF CD43 Radio - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-04-2017, 21:32 Thread Starter

Car: MGF
Aux input for 2001 MGF CD43 Radio

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of using this adapter to play iPhones etc through the radio? Looks like a reasonably cheap option compared to some others. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks.

Rover 25 45 MGTF MGF MGZR MGZS Aux adapter CTVRVX001 for iPod iPhone MP3 etc | In Car Connections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 21-04-2017, 21:10

Car: MGZS180,MGZR160,MGF VVC,MG Maestro T16, Rover 111
Unfortunately that will not work on your car as it is a BMW style plug and the only model in the MGR range with that style fitment were some early Rover 45s.

You need to look for a version with standard ISO plugs.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-04-2017, 10:00

Location: Originally from Bath UK, now Meggen, Lucerne Switzerland
Car: MGF VVC and Audi A6 3.0 ltr Quattro Avant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Calvert View Post
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of using this adapter to play iPhones etc through the radio? Looks like a reasonably cheap option compared to some others. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks.

Rover 25 45 MGTF MGF MGZR MGZS Aux adapter CTVRVX001 for iPod iPhone MP3 etc | In Car Connections
It looks a neat solution.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-04-2017, 12:51

Car: Rover 620ti, 2x 1996 MGF, 4x MG TF, Mazda Bongo, 2x 1999 MGF, 1972 Ford Cortina Mk3 Citroen Picasso
I recently fitted a Parrot 9200 hands free kit to cd43, actually it will fit on any system as it power and uses the wires for radio system as its just plug and play, it auto mutes the radio/cd and uses the cars speakers for calls or playing music. Not only does the unit mean you've a fully fitted hands free kit for the car but you can also use it to play music from any Bluetooth player...or an SD card and there is also an iphone adapter available (can't see why you'd need it). The other nice thing about it is you can sync for different phones and also have two synced the same time, one for calls and one for playing music (ideal if you've someone else in the car who wants to listen to their music).

Ok, the Parrot 9200 is far more expensive new, but can be bought quite cheap sometimes on auction sites, which is where I got mine from. I also know you can buy Bluetooth radio/cd players now quite cheap, but if like me you want to keep the car as original as possible (my cd43 is in a 75th anniversary model) it is an ideal option.

Fitting is straight forward as well, I fitted the unit behind the passenger air bag blank, took off a pillar side trim and unclipped half the top window trim to run the mike up by the rear mirror and just placed the unit screen in a suitable location. the control unit (answering calls, playing music, etc) can be placed anywhere as that is wireless but does come with a handy clip to secure to the steering wheel.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-04-2017, 16:46 Thread Starter

Thanks all for advice and suggestions. I'm also wondering about just getting another radio. I guess you can buy a wiring harness adapter for the back of it. Cheers again.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-04-2017, 19:02

yeah Nige, its called a chocolate block.. i joke...