MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Bananaman has a faster rival - or two!

2K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  lildemon 
G
#1 ·
Driving back from Sussex last night I first passed a bright yellow Ferrari something or other...then I was in a queue behind a yellow Honda something or other. I have no idea what it was as I didn't see the front or side - just the rear...a two seater convertible....I decided to play....and was sadly embarrassed at my inability to keep up with the banana-mobile on the M27....hellfire did it shift...and the noise......ooooooooh it was very sexy sounding! Why can't my baby sound like that?!

#4 ·
Easy!If you want the sound....change your exhaust.For a deep throaty sound go for the likes of the Daytona,if you want the high pitched frenzied banshee wail (like me n loaky!) then get the Milltek.
If thats not loud enough,fit an induction kit to boost said noise,plus induction roar too!
If you want the performance,slap on a supercharger,as the lads running the same engine as you in the Elise's are running a bullet proof 100% reliable 300BHP in theirs,more than enough to see most people off.
Just rob a bank okay!

And may I be the first of no doubt many,to say wow...stunning new avi sis,really is.

G
#6 ·
Geeeee!!! Thanks guys!!! :) One of the clothed shots from yesterday!

What BHP is the s2000' Read somewhere that some bloke had one that put out 240 BHP - is that right?

ANd this was definitely a deep throaty GROWWWWWLLLLLL!

#7 ·
Andie B said:
Geeeee!!! Thanks guys!!! :) One of the clothed shots from yesterday!

What BHP is the s2000' Read somewhere that some bloke had one that put out 240 BHP - is that right?

ANd this was definitely a deep throaty GROWWWWWLLLLLL!
Then you will be after the Daytona and induction kit then!

The S2000 kicks out something like 240BHP noramlly anyway I think.
Mike Satur does this engine conversion too for the F.
If you do a search on google videos,Im pretty sure theres a vid of this engine in an F being run up.
I think it was Chris who first posted the link to this.

G
#8 ·
Spike-UK said:
Then you will be after the Daytona and induction kit then!

The S2000 kicks out something like 240BHP noramlly anyway I think.
Mike Satur does this engine conversion too for the F.
If you do a search on google videos,Im pretty sure theres a vid of this engine in an F being run up.
I think it was Chris who first posted the link to this.
It was so quick off the mark I was just sat staring in awe! I thought my little baby was nifty but I felt like a tortoise compares to the Honda. I think its the fact that it looks so...ordinary if you know what I mean.

#9 ·
Andie B said:
It was so quick off the mark I was just sat staring in awe! I thought my little baby was nifty but I felt like a tortoise compares to the Honda. I think its the fact that it looks so...ordinary if you know what I mean.
I know what you mean,its weird to sudenly see it drawing away.
Personally I cant stand the look of a Honda S2000,I think its hideous and wouldnt give it garage room,well I would...Id just sell it for the cash! (and keep its engine for Dru hehehe).

If you want that performance sis,talk to Mike Satur,as he will drop you the same engine in,and you too would have the same performance then.
Trouble is.....its something like £6000+:yikes:

Theres a supercharger kit you can fit to get 190bhp,which is no slought!But that again is £6500 ish.
A link if youre interested..........
http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/cars/mgf.htm

Also I think......B&G do some kind of 200bhp engine too?

#12 ·
lildemon said:
my m8 t has a ferrari 355 in bright yellow, that baby is fabalous, sounds so sexy and is the mutts nuts, very fast to boot, i'll stick with my little tf till i can afford a rrari like his, lol:)
totally agree with everything you said there.
The 355 is the most beautiful car Ive ever seen,from any angle,and any part of it.
I like to think of my Tf as a baby ferrari,as its the nearest I'll ever get to one!:lol:

#13 ·
Spike-UK said:
totally agree with everything you said there.
The 355 is the most beautiful car Ive ever seen,from any angle,and any part of it.
I like to think of my Tf as a baby ferrari,as its the nearest I'll ever get to one!:lol:
he gave me the keys the other day spike but im too little to drive it properly because they are much bigger than you imagine, which meant i'd have to drive it up the centre of the road to avoid kerbs and stuff, just incase.
I also love the 360 modena spider, and the new ish 450, lush, dont like the f60 enzo, proper ugly , like im rich enough to have an oppinion he,he

#16 ·
lildemon said:
he gave me the keys the other day spike but im too little to drive it properly because they are much bigger than you imagine, which meant i'd have to drive it up the centre of the road to avoid kerbs and stuff, just incase.
I also love the 360 modena spider, and the new ish 450, lush, dont like the f60 enzo, proper ugly , like im rich enough to have an oppinion he,he
:lol: good point!Still opinions dont cost anything do they.
The 355 is my all time fave,after that Ferrari seemed to loose that "something" in their designs.
Ive only driven a couple of old Ferraris thanks to my uncle who used to restore italian sports cars,and if you thought a Ferrari was wide....try a Lamborghini Countach,thats like driving a truck around.Terrible,and scary when you think how much a small bump into something would have cost me!!!!

#18 ·
Spike-UK said:
:lol: good point!Still opinions dont cost anything do they.
The 355 is my all time fave,after that Ferrari seemed to loose that "something" in their designs.
Ive only driven a couple of old Ferraris thanks to my uncle who used to restore italian sports cars,and if you thought a Ferrari was wide....try a Lamborghini Countach,thats like driving a truck around.Terrible,and scary when you think how much a small bump into something would have cost me!!!!
you would of cried seeing me in the driving seat, it was like i'd entered the abyss, i was looking through the steering wheel, i was sat as far forward as you can go, the bottom of the window was about level with my ear lobe, and i just said, i better not just incase, i think being able to see is one of those points to consider when cruising especially in an expensive car lol, its very big as you no, they cost as much as some ppl's houses dont they, the only thing they are missing on a ferrari is their own post code lol

#19 ·
Spike-UK said:
and its free.:)
Having said that....dont forget we all own Fs and Tfs,and how many envious gazes do we get off people in their euro boxes,not to mention the local drug dealers with their "nice car mister"?:s2h:
lol, rofl, forgot about that and totally agree with you, i also like the " thats a really lovely car, what is it" that one just tickles me lol

#20 ·
lildemon said:
you would of cried seeing me in the driving seat, it was like i'd entered the abyss, i was looking through the steering wheel, i was sat as far forward as you can go, the bottom of the window was about level with my ear lobe, and i just said, i better not just incase, i think being able to see is one of those points to consider when cruising especially in an expensive car lol, its very big as you no, they cost as much as some ppl's houses dont they, the only thing they are missing on a ferrari is their own post code lol
Ive found be able to see quite an important thing in driving :lol:
then again,im sure Im a safer driver when fast asleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.