Today my JBLs arrived so I just had to go and fit them. It took about and hour and, to my amazement, the speakers are an exact replacement for the standard ones. The only modification I had to do was to cut a bit of the lip of the rear of the speaker cowls to stop the speaker connections from fowling (See pics).
The speakers are amazing. My ears now give out before my ICE does. I now have clarity and volume.
The pictures, hopefully in order are:
a. Mmmmm. New speakers (£33 ish from www.caraudiocentre.co.uk
1. Door card off
2. Speaker ready for removal
3. 3 self tapping screws and..
4. Remove the speaker
5. Speaker is held in place by 4 rivets under the stuck on foam
6. Drill out rivets and....
7. Use a screwdriver to prise the speaker out (Glued in place)
8. and you are left with the empty cowl.
9. Remember to remove rivet stubbs and swarf from inside the cowl (Behind more foam) otherwise it will rattle while playing music.