MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Fitting new Valve stem oil seals

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TipperMG 
#1 ·
I need a little guidance... I'm repairing a k-series following a timing belt failure. New exhaust valves ground in but I'm struggling to fit the replacement valve stem oil seals. I've been trawling the internet and seen some videos showing various installs on other cylinder heads but not a k-series. I have an inserted tool but this doesn't appear to secure the new seal fully....

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the seals are deeper in the k series than in most other engines, but I'm sure a more knowlegable individual will be along shortly to confirm or deny! What brand of tool are you using? I'm keeping my eye out for a sykes one, only reason I can think I'd be looking for a specific brand is 'cos it was mentioned on here at some point.

#3 ·
I rebuilt my head a few years ago, including new valve stem oil seals. I don't recall any problem at all fitting them though - what is the problem you are having?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.