It's getting warmer - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 23:40 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF
It's getting warmer

Seen a few MGs out on the road today. Looks like there being brought out there winter sleep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey galore View Post
Seen a few MGs out on the road today. Looks like there being brought out there winter sleep
I saw a silver one parked outside last weekend... very unusual for central London. I was wondering if it belongs to a forum member, it had the Lexus style rear lights, probably an enthusiast's car.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 06:37

Car: MGTD, MGA,MGF(Mk2 Dec 2000) Land Rover Freelander II
Well we have just had had our AGM (MGCC Belgium) and we followed that with a great afternoon tour on such a lovely sunny sunday , 40 MG's driving open and some very happy people....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 07:31

I run my car all year, and it's getting lonely up here. Used to see one blue TF, and one in grey which always had the hard-top one. Both now vanished.
Recently been noticing an Orange F some mornings. Turns out the same guy has a TR7 soft-top he runs in the summer. Apparently he teaches welding at our local college.
Handy that . . .
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
I run my car all year, and it's getting lonely up here. Used to see one blue TF, and one in grey which always had the hard-top one. Both now vanished.
Recently been noticing an Orange F some mornings. Turns out the same guy has a TR7 soft-top he runs in the summer. Apparently he teaches welding at our local college.
Handy that . . .
I run my car all year but tend to take the freelander when we have snow , ice or torrential rain as I do not intend to fit winter tyres to all the cars and the " F " is definitely not my transport of choice in those conditions.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 18:55

Don't get much snow or ice here at all.
Island climate, surrounded by sea, catches the Gulf stream. Curiously, for all we have a reputation for gales and storms, I can drive top down almost all the time- we seem to get less rain than you'd expect. I used to run my Rover on a full winter tyres from November until April, but we haven't had a real winter for 6 or 7 years.
You're right though, if I had to choose a car to drive a snowy A9 in January the TF probably wouldn't be first pick.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 21:56

Scotland has a bad reputation for weather but after living there for several years I had some of the most wonderful Februarys with lots of sun (if a little bit fresh) and I also spent quite some time on Tiree with many pleasant memories