MG-Rover.org Forums banner

And it's goodnight from him..

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Jay13 PNTHR 
#1 ·
Not been on here for..ever really

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone I met through the MG scene.. Met some life long friends.. And enjoyed lots of meets and shows over the past 4 years

Next week I'll be stripping my MGF build and parts being sold (99% of it already agreed sale)

I'm not giving up on the car.. I'm moving to the States.. To Tennessee in fact.. Moving there to marry my fiancée so the MGF project is over..

Thank God say the purists lol

Already lining up the next build in America (sshh don't tell her).. Let's just say it's 4 wheel drive.. Electronic locking rear diff.. And 400 bhp..

The engine I had built for the F by Hellier performance is off to Spain.. Complete with the gearbox, custom race rad, coolant hoses, 4 bar fuel set up, throttle bodies and Emerald.. Hoping in the future I'll be able to fly from America to Madrid to drive the TF it's going into.. To see how mine would of gone..

I had fun tinkering with the project.. And it kept me busy.. But now it's time to start my new life and new business venture in America..

You may see some of my parts on an MG at a show near you.. In the future

Hoping to fly back and hire something 'different' for next years FRL

Take car all.. And thanks again for many great memories

Allan

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks go to you too Allan. You were always one of the first to offer help and advice when I first joined the forum.

Best of luck in everything that you do in the future!

#8 · (Edited)
I did look at exporting the car there..but it's a no go..

MGFS in Tennessee are nill..

Looked at shipping the engine/box/throttle bodies and fuel set up and buying a K powered Elise/Exige.. But could only find Toyota engined ones for sale.. At huge prices..

So the time has come to face facts and strip it

At least the new owners of the monster brake set up and the new owner of the engine set up are mates.. So I can ride in each car respectively and see what they are like

I've also sold all of my kit (plasma cutter/Cebora welder/silent air compressor and air tools etc) and will start again in the States

Just for any interested.. I got the project to the point the engine starts and runs.. And it was just the interior to finish.. So close.. Yet so far lol

There are a few minor things moving from the F build to the new Yank project.. My Nautilus air horn, my DD domed resin Badges (Cheers Daz) my Advanced Keys keyless entry kit and my Corbeau inflatable lumber cushions.. Ready for the interior retrim on the new toy..

I'm sure there may well be a mini build thread somewhere on the net

Hopefully flying back for FRL 2017

Allan

#13 ·
Yes, I thought the same when I saw the thread title. Strange coincidence.

Good luck with your venture in the US of A. There are or were lots of keen MG enthusiasts in the States. Mainly because of the huge numbers of MGBs sold there.

Y'all come back nowah...,. :D

Thread title coincidence.

Always admired folks who can make me laugh loud and long. Ronnie C. was one such. Many thanks for all those laughs Ronnie C.

So many of my Heroes going lately ... all very sad.

#21 ·
Good luck mate. Was gutted when I heard the heap was being broken up but things change and life goes on and make sure you make plenty of time for your lady, she won't like playing second fiddle to a motor.
And thanks again for the plumbing advice, saved me quite a few pennies there. :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.