MG-Rover.org Forums banner

le 500 speedo dials

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ronon 
#1 ·
would the new speedo dials fit into 2002 tf if so would they go straight in or would you have to re wire them

#3 ·
I would like to retro fit the earlier dials on my TF LE 500 because the indicator lights on the new dash are difficult to see with the roof down (might have to fit the hard top to cure this!) and I also prefer the silver background of the earlier type.

To answer the question the new dash has an LED display that looks like it was lifted from a 90s Vauxhall, but this incorporates the coolant temp and odometer and service interval reminder and I am not sure how easy this would be to tie into any existing feeds for the older style dash. I suspect that with the changes made in the ECU etc this might prove to be difficult to hook into the ECU but not impossible. My understanding was that MG Rover were going to update the TF to this new dash before they went bust so presumably it must be able to talk to the ECU and get all the signals it needs to display the correct readings on the dials. There's also a rev limiter light on the new dash which I don't know if this was on the earlier cars. There's a low coolant alarm light which was fitted on late MG Rover TFs, I believe.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can answer the question better than I can guess at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.