MG-Rover.org Forums banner

le500 window problem

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  meady83 
#1 ·
Hey all, new to this site and here for advice please! I have a orange TF LE500 and recently the drivers side window will not work! When I press the switch nothing happens and there's no sound from the window mech motor at all! Luckily it's stuck in the up position! Any ideas what's gone wrong with it? Your help will be much appreciated.

#9 ·
Can you hear the click of the relay when you push the drivers window switch up? Obviously the window will not move but it is a way of checking the switch. Try it down as well. if you hear a click then it is not the relay. The sound will come from behind the centre console.

My drivers window relay went after a few years. I could hear the window trying to go up. It did not work going down and I could not hear the relay.
The relay is not difficult to replace - just a little daunting.

#11 ·
Sorry for the thread drift but I've got a similar problem on my 2004 TF

The driver window is in the up position and does nothing if I press the switch to go down - however I can hear the relay click if I press up.

Assume this rules out a BCU/Replay problem and is pointing to a fault in the switch or motor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.