MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Low Coolant Warning

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NikTheGeek 
#1 ·
A few years back there was a chap selling ( At MG Festivals ) a low coolant alarm for about £50.00 where you put a tube like unit into the expansion tank and it had a copper float that make an electrical connection that you put onto the underside of the coolant bottle. I got one and it worked perfectly until one day I found the tube had fallen into the bottle. The piece holding it on the neck had broken. Just checking to see if this unit can still be got as I tried to make a replacement tube but its not easy to do. Does anyone remember these? I have the new coolant bottle with the fitting for the alarm but don't know where to get the electrics for it. All I need is to replace the tube in the bottle part on my existing system as its all wired already.:crying2:

#4 ·
I have the coolant bottle that can accommodate the sensor but I don't have the sensor or the fittings to suit that. Can it be wired to Andre Capy's
buzzer & light which I already have. I was looking on his Web Site and he now has a copper unit to go into the bottle, so I was trying to get just this part to get my existing older Andre Capy unit back working.

Do you know what buzzer or light to get for the MG Obsession sensor, Thanks for your help.:wink:

#5 ·
Your simplest option if you can’t get a replacement for your Andy Capy system would be to get an original sensor and the correct plug for it, both of which available from ebay, fit them to your tank and use the existing wiring and alarm.

I use the original tank and sensor for my alarms, I’ve developed a system were all the electronics and alarm including LED and buzzer are fitted into a switch blank, this makes them easy to fit and remove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.