MGTF-Turbo - Page 4 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 20:39 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF and Mercedes C220 CDI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incony View Post
you need a space that can suck cool still air... not vent pressurized... the coolest stillest air is around the rear bumper where it meets the chassis. even in it..

the vent circulation is turbulent.. and changes a lot dependent on circumstance..

i know that one thinks that the air outside the vents is cool... thats ******** really.. its affected not only by driving circumstance but by road temperature , and weather conditions of all sorts..too.. you want rain in in your intake? road dirt coming back from the front wheels?hot air that just passed through the rad ? sometimes the air vents actually vent hot air out... not cool air in.. the engine bay is very hot... and the circulation air currents dont favour the vents at all.

you need a temperature sensor.. multimeters have them... and on a hot day.. with the car at standstill, choose a place that has the coolest stillest air.. not moving air..

then you have a known factor... MGF did that when they made the air circulation tests, ( i cant find this mo.) and the coolest stillest air was down near the rear bumper, because the bumper is an insulator.. and the backdraft caused by the cars motion , favoured it... thats where the original air feed was placed.. not the vents at all.

?

if you think MGF were wrong.. ( a lot of folks do- because they like bling ) then consider how much it cost them to make the air circulation map.. and why after paying for all that time and money.. they didnt put the air intake in a glowing chrome bauble near the top of the engine.. but a hidden place.. where one cant see it at all.
Yes like I said all things to think about, I had though of moving the intake nearer the orginal position but I am going to be putting an aftermarket oil cooler in that position
I suppose thats the good thing about having a project car you can experiment with different ideas and see what works well.

I am so glad that I have undertaken this project and have learned more about these cars than I could have ever thought possible.
Incony and Philhex2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 16-03-2017, 12:18

Car: MG ZS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGTF-T View Post
Wow that is alot of downfoce, he will be able to drive it upside down in a tunnel soon,
He's now apparently going for even more downforce and bumping up the power to around 450hp... so..yeah, time travel may be on the cards here.
MGTF-T likes this.
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 16-03-2017, 17:46 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF and Mercedes C220 CDI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargatemunky View Post
He's now apparently going for even more downforce and bumping up the power to around 450hp... so..yeah, time travel may be on the cards here.
lol definitely.