MOT time - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-08-2012, 22:00 Thread Starter

Car: TF LE500 & Rover 200 1.1
MOT time

MOT tomorrow morning, a bit of a shock to see that my 'perfect low mileage' TF is now on the verge of her 10th birthday - perhaps if she's good and passes I ought to buy her something?

On the other hand having a hissy fit and blowing her gasket late last year just so that she could have Russell visit and manipulate her cams was a bit underhand, she might have to make do with the new disks, pads & repainted APs she had last month.

I'm on holiday tomorrow and have now realised that my 8am MOT means that I don't get a lie in on my day off, especially as I always go for a good Italian tune-up beforehand :-)

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-08-2012, 09:11 Thread Starter

Unhappy

No more goodies this year then, other than a pair of track rod ends.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-08-2012, 10:13

Car: MGF Lucifer & Ford Clitoris
Send a message via MSN to The Jester
still a good pass if thats all it needs...had mine done last year and only needed a lambda sensor

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-08-2012, 20:04 Thread Starter

No worries, a pair of track rod ends (one fail, one an advisory) isn't a big deal.

I was interested to see that the emissions were much lower than last year. Probably a combination of properly warming up the engine first and the new lambda sensor fitted a few months back when the downpipe started blowing and the old sensor couldn't be removed from it.

The tester commented that the brakes were the most efficient he'd seen for a long while and perfectly balanced. Nice to hear that after a weekend of swearing at my disks and AP calipers last month, I had to have one of them off the car and on the bench to shift the pins!

Quite happy that at 10 years old she's still fine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24-08-2012, 20:15

Car: MG TF 115 03 plate (50K miles) 1.6 K Series in Royal Blue (code JFM,I think).Now all TT'd up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCowgill View Post
No worries, a pair of track rod ends (one fail, one an advisory) isn't a big deal.

I was interested to see that the emissions were much lower than last year. Probably a combination of properly warming up the engine first and the new lambda sensor fitted a few months back when the downpipe started blowing and the old sensor couldn't be removed from it.

The tester commented that the brakes were the most efficient he'd seen for a long while and perfectly balanced. Nice to hear that after a weekend of swearing at my disks and AP calipers last month, I had to have one of them off the car and on the bench to shift the pins!

Quite happy that at 10 years old she's still fine.
Nice one,Martin.

Now enjoy what's left of the Great British Summer.

Regards.