MG-Rover.org Forums banner

new shocks help

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Dickybeau 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What age is your TF, does it have SP1?

I think that the LE500 are the same dampers and springs fitted to the 2005MY TF's (the last of the MGR TF's), if anything they are going to be newer but I don't think much better overall unlike the setup from the LE85.

#4 ·
When it comes to shocks there is a ton of choice.

I wanted adjustability in firmness depending on conditions etc, so I got the SPAX to go with my X-Power springs and it is wonderful.

Other options are Bilstein from the aftermarket camp, or the MY2005 setup (which was softer springs and bigger anti-roll bars I think). I cant remember which MY had the Bilstein as standard (could have been MY2005?).

Either way, there are plenty of options according to what your requirements are, but with X-Power springs already, you wont need ride height adjustment, just a bigger capacity shock absorber such as the SPAX and Bilstein.

#5 ·
The only TF built with Bilstein dampers was the 85th Anniversary model which was the last TF built in UK around 2010.

The set ups offered on ebay are the 2005 model spec which is the same as the later LE500 and have softer front springs but the same rears if I remember rightly. They should give a softer less teeth jarring ride. Not sure of the impact on handling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.