Photos of your F/TF - Post them here... - Page 5 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 52Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #81 of 1085 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 22:47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chelmsford
Car: MG TF
Posts: 197
Here's my first TF - a 2002 MY Tahiti Blue 160 - loved it until it blow the gasket at 19k miles (still think its one of the nicest blues)



Second, the car that I traded it in for, one of the last 2005 MY 160's (and now living very happily at the MGCC)



Third, my current heavily modified 135 - Mike Satur's done a cracking job with the engine - its a hoot to punt around the corners:-



Lastly the 2003 160 in Bacchus looking at least a bit better now than when I bought it:

Before:



After:

jaykay126 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 1085 (permalink) Old 13-05-2011, 11:32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HOUNSLOW
Car: Sky is back on the road!!!
Posts: 1,898
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via MSN to TFSteph
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjx View Post

Knew I'd seen this car somewhere before!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUMMERS-COMING...#ht_957wt_1054
TFSteph is offline  
post #83 of 1085 (permalink) Old 14-05-2011, 18:53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Car: 51' zt 190+, 89' 205gti 16v
Posts: 176
our new tf, and the wife likes it better than our old vvc
pugpete1108 is offline  
 
post #84 of 1085 (permalink) Old 15-05-2011, 20:37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Car: MG TF
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay126 View Post

Third, my current heavily modified 135 - Mike Satur's done a cracking job with the engine - its a hoot to punt around the corners:-



Lastly the 2003 160 in Bacchus looking at least a bit better now than when I bought it:

Before:



After:


These two look smashing!!! what exactly did you do to 135?
Now another questing is where did you get new bumper on 135 and alloys on 160?
mic4ael is offline  
post #85 of 1085 (permalink) Old 15-05-2011, 20:39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Car: MG TF
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jester View Post

now thats a calendar picture for sure...great quality
Thanks Jester, it is really good shot I think. Lets hope it'll go on April 2012
mic4ael is offline  
post #86 of 1085 (permalink) Old 16-05-2011, 20:39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chelmsford
Car: MG TF
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4ael View Post
These two look smashing!!! what exactly did you do to 135?
Now another questing is where did you get new bumper on 135 and alloys on 160?
Hey mic4ael,

Thanks! The mods to the 135 are as follows:-
Mods on the TF 135 are as follows:
- Trophy wheels
- AP calipers
- LE500 front end
- 2005 MY hood
- New tan interior with second hand Oxford leather seats
- Engine (ported head)
- 421 manifold
- Scorpion exhaust
- 2005 MY springs
- Spax adjustables
- Remap from Zandftuning (highly recommended)
- ITG Maxogen air induction system
- passenger airbag fitted

The front bumper on the 135 came from a dealer as I ordered it new. I've the same one on the 160 but that was from a written off orange LE500 - its got a couple of stone chips now and the orange paint is starting to show through!

I think that's it. The 135 is actually more fun to drive that the 160 and even though its a 52 plate and the 160 an 03, it feels better screwed together. I do honestly believe that the spax dampers on the 135 give a better ride than the 160's bilsteins but thats another story...

Looking at your beautiful TF in the trees, I think I prefer your front bumper to mine (my front grill's started to rust!

Did Mike Satur do your roll hoops or did you get them done elsewhere?

I got the 160's "Twist of Pepper" alloys from the MGF centre in Wolverhampton - I think they're out of stock now but if you give them a call and speak to Bill or Carl, they might be able to help.

James
jaykay126 is offline  
post #87 of 1085 (permalink) Old 17-05-2011, 12:56
Brooklands Winner 2012
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayes,West London
Car: MG TF
Posts: 1,951
Send a message via AIM to MeetwithDamien Send a message via MSN to MeetwithDamien
Now I must admit this transformation does look sweet......!

MeetwithDamien is offline  
post #88 of 1085 (permalink) Old 21-05-2011, 11:13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Car: MGF
Posts: 5






My Ride... Yeah!!!! Just to share
linglila is offline  
post #89 of 1085 (permalink) Old 21-05-2011, 18:41
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London
Car: MGF 1.8i Tahiti Blue
Posts: 92
Just got my MGF



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
NikonElite is offline  
post #90 of 1085 (permalink) Old 22-05-2011, 11:20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ireland
Car: MGF VVC, Jaguar XJ-S V12, Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglila View Post




My Ride... Yeah!!!! Just to share
Wow. That rear bumper looks great. Did you buy it from somewhere or make it yourself?
Ryan is offline  
post #91 of 1085 (permalink) Old 22-05-2011, 11:33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester!
Car: MG ZS 120+ , MG ZR TD, MG TF 135 and MG3 Style.
Posts: 4,939
for some reason i've never posted on this thread.

here's a few pics of mine......an 02 115

when i first got her



a trip to the lake near oulton park




new interior



front fogs fitted



new wheels/tyres



mgcc race meet at oulton park with zscentral



the fleet

michaelb is offline  
post #92 of 1085 (permalink) Old 22-05-2011, 12:05
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nr St Neots Cambridgeshire
Car: MG TF 160, ZR 2.0 Diesel
Posts: 13,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay126 View Post
Here's my first TF - a 2002 MY Tahiti Blue 160 - loved it until it blow the gasket at 19k miles (still think its one of the nicest blues)

Wow what a small world... Here she is now... done 70k but doing well for an old girl ( i still have the old plates in the boot )


Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (30.8 KB, 1288 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1922.jpg (82.1 KB, 1410 views)
COPPERKNOB is offline  
post #93 of 1085 (permalink) Old 22-05-2011, 18:38
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Car: MG TF
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay126 View Post
Hey mic4ael,

Thanks! The mods to the 135 are as follows:-
Mods on the TF 135 are as follows:
- Trophy wheels
- AP calipers
- LE500 front end
- 2005 MY hood
- New tan interior with second hand Oxford leather seats
- Engine (ported head)
- 421 manifold
- Scorpion exhaust
- 2005 MY springs
- Spax adjustables
- Remap from Zandftuning (highly recommended)
- ITG Maxogen air induction system
- passenger airbag fitted

The front bumper on the 135 came from a dealer as I ordered it new. I've the same one on the 160 but that was from a written off orange LE500 - its got a couple of stone chips now and the orange paint is starting to show through!

I think that's it. The 135 is actually more fun to drive that the 160 and even though its a 52 plate and the 160 an 03, it feels better screwed together. I do honestly believe that the spax dampers on the 135 give a better ride than the 160's bilsteins but thats another story...

Looking at your beautiful TF in the trees, I think I prefer your front bumper to mine (my front grill's started to rust!

Did Mike Satur do your roll hoops or did you get them done elsewhere?

I got the 160's "Twist of Pepper" alloys from the MGF centre in Wolverhampton - I think they're out of stock now but if you give them a call and speak to Bill or Carl, they might be able to help.

James
Hi James, must admit your cars with all the mods look fab! I did MS hoops myself. it took a while to drill holes in T-bar. well, worth a while, looks very tidy now.

if you don't like your le500 front, we can always swap

all 2005MY specs are already there so planned mods are: (in order to be done)
1. Fogs (it's a 115 model)
2. AP calipers
2. 7" Double din unit (OBD2, TPMS, Clmt ctr, Nav, cameras, etc.)
3. Lether interior
4. LE500 front
5. Blueflame exhaust

In a year time or so might change engine to 135 or 160 and then Remap it.
thanks for recomendations James, hope to see you with girls at some of our runs
mic4ael is offline  
post #94 of 1085 (permalink) Old 22-05-2011, 19:06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Leeds
Car: MGTF 115 in X-Power Grey
Posts: 337
I have finally taken a few pics to post not a modded a great amount yet as a lot of the great MGs on here but after a month of ownership loving the experience. Managed to get roof cleaned and protected today with Autoglym so I say... BRING ON THE RAIN.



Gatestar is offline  
post #95 of 1085 (permalink) Old 24-05-2011, 11:39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Car: MG TF
Posts: 22
tattoo craig is offline  
post #96 of 1085 (permalink) Old 24-05-2011, 23:00
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Car: MGF
Posts: 1
New to me

Heliguy is offline  
post #97 of 1085 (permalink) Old 25-05-2011, 23:49
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kent / Oxfordshire / Cornwall
Car: MG TF160
Posts: 486
First wash since I've had her today, so time to take a few photos.

Not great quality, just snaps taken with my phone...






DanTFInferno is offline  
post #98 of 1085 (permalink) Old 29-05-2011, 00:28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Car: MGF Daytona
Posts: 79
Great pictures guys!

I changed my car a lot these last months...(no carpet or anything in the car, she is gonna be used for on the track)



Sovereign001 is offline  
post #99 of 1085 (permalink) Old 29-05-2011, 04:22
Administrator
 
Chris T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leicestershire
Car: MG TF 135 Platinum Silver, Skoda Roomster
Posts: 32,596
Garages




Chris T is offline  
post #100 of 1085 (permalink) Old 31-05-2011, 19:57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hungerford
Car: MGF MG/TF 135
Posts: 131
2hours clay bar polish then rain but still it was worth it!


Sidders is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MG-Rover.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I attach photos to a post Alan1273 MG-Rover.org Website Feedback/Questions 16 03-10-2010 17:41
New TF 135 and TF 85th Anniversary models revealed (Now with photos) paynemgzr MGF and MGTF (Sponsored by MGFnTFBITZ) 156 08-05-2009 17:26
More computer setups ... ( post your photos ) leedrummond PC Gen Chat & Help 28 15-10-2006 14:31

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome