MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Remote boot release servo

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Titanium 
#1 ·
Just fitted my remote boot release servo, but decided to mount it a bit different than the instructions supplied with the kit.
It also means I still have the key operated mechanism connected and the option to use the remote unlocker too.
Think it looks a bit neater and it uses the space behind the boot catch to house the servo motor.
I have not yet wired it up, but am thinking of other ways to get it to work, I do have a new fob with a third boot release switch on it, and was wondering if this could be programmed in to operate the servo unit.

Sundance

See less See more
#2 ·
I have not yet wired it up, but am thinking of other ways to get it to work, I do have a new fob with a third boot release switch on it, and was wondering if this could be programmed in to operate the servo unit.
I would say this depends which Pektron SCU ecu you have. If it is YWC001541 one then, yes, there is a possibility for this option.
If you have YWC001540 model, then no, you cannot activate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.